Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:32:44 AM

Author Topic: BobCAM generating unusable g code...  (Read 15254 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: BobCAM generating unusable g code...
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 03:36:49 AM »
Hi, CHUFF

This will answer at least 5 questions you haven't asked, But, You've stated that LazyCam is Use-Less, You need to set it up some.

Offset's in your Cad for cutter offset's, Maybe ?

G-Code will answer Questions without them being asked sometimes, Also !!

Thanks, Chip

PS: Sam, Nicely Stated !!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »
Chip

Again... thanks for the help, but I need to figure out how to make this work for myself. I can't very well come to this or any other board with a jpeg of what I want and expect someone to write gcode for me. I need to understand what is going wrong.

chuff

...out there are many kinds of persons, and one of those many kinds: Ingrate and Thankfull.

Easy to forgived the UNTHANKFULL... but the INGRATES... N E V E R !
uuccimi - novice

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 06:01:45 PM »
Chuff,
Chill out! Take a breath! If this is a hobby kind of thing for you then find..... joy....... in it.
Lazycam is not a joke, neither is MACH3, or a lot of other software thats around.
It probably took me 20  tries to get a cad file to import into Lazycam and export into MACH the proper code for cutting a handle for a model.  I also learned 20 different things about Lazycam and MACH which made the next one easy and enjoyable. So maybe walk before you run, do some reading, just play around, but most of all ......enjoy!
RICH

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 12:50:49 PM »
CHUFF,
 have you gone to the BOB CAD user forum and looked under the video tutorials on setting up the post prosssrs for MACH3?
    I use Bob Cad 21 for a year now and relly have not had that type of problem..BUT the post proccesor needs to be installed and when you send the code to a saved file it will write ..
   Just a note I tried the V22 of Bobcad demo and could get nowhere with it..
    I stayed with my V21  and now the V22 is coming way down as all Bobcad programs do..
  But if you do not post in the right order the program will pick the cutting order for you which really makes a mess..
So when generating code ,,
1> TURN 3D ON
2>RAISE TOOL TO CLEARANCE
3>HIGHLIGHT FIRST CUT YOU WANT TO MAKE (LIKE CENTER HOLE)
4>PICK EACH ENTITY SEPERATLY THE HIT THE MACHINE BUTTON
5>I PLACE A POINT AT MY CLEARANCE HEIGHT AT X0 Y0 Z1 HIGHLIGHT THAT POINT THEN HIT GO TO POINT TO END RUN..
 Give that a shot and see if that helps..
Just my 2 cents here
Gary