Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:44:44 AM

Author Topic: Pendant Control  (Read 8261 times)

Pendant Control
« on: June 07, 2006, 01:45:25 PM »
I bought a usb pendant.  And it has bottons on it for changing the speed of the spindle.  A button for faster rpm and a botton for lower rpm.  But i dont have a speed control on my spindle so i can not sure this feature.  But i would like to reconfigure it.  So when i hit either botton its like hitting F5.  So that i can turn the spindle on and off at the pendant.

Anyone have any idea of how i can do this in either mach or some how in the pendant its self?
Re: Pendant Control
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:27:57 PM »
Who made the pendant?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:42:58 PM »
http://www.lowcostcncretrofits.com/jog%20remote.html

The joystick model. 

I asked them and they said it wasnt possable to change what each botton did.  but im sure there is a way you just half to know how to change it in the driver or something.  Or if you can switch f5 and +&- keys in mach3 maybe?

Hood

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:51:40 AM »
Not sure if it would work but you could use screen4 to make a button on your screen, then set this button up to do the  Gcode that you want and set a hotkey for it to match your pendant button. You may run into problems if you replicate a hotkey that is already used so try with caution.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 06:29:44 AM »
You need to change the HotKey's in Mach3... The plus and minus keys are used to bring the speed up and down (on the number pad) :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:19 AM »
As an alternative to changing the screens, can you use keygrabber to redefine the keys? I've just used it to setup my USB wireless gamepad (which is brilliant!)

Cheers

Dave
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 06:40:56 AM »
That works too  ;D

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:31:27 AM »
how do you change the hotkeys in mach3 brian?  i have only found hotkeys for joging the menu
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 07:41:10 AM »
To change the actual keys you will need to use Screen4. For more details see my post here:-

http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=754.0

Cheers

Dave
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 01:38:04 PM »
I dont see screen4 file in my mach folder.  Any suggestions?