Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 11:49:09 AM

Author Topic: losing steps when i use the stop button  (Read 2662 times)

losing steps when i use the stop button
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem when a use the stop button on my screen. This is because when the program is running and i active it, the X axis lose steps and the led of my X motor driver turns on. I'm using servo motors in each axis with the G340 Geckodrive driver.

The velocity of my X servo motor is 315 inch per minute, so i suppose that  the problem is about a desacceleration when it stops the program. Because i've tried to stop the running program using the following steps: First I press the pause button and then i press the stop button to turn off the spindle and rise the z axis.

Is there a way to configure a desacceleration of this function, like the motors config?  ???

Vicky

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: losing steps when i use the stop button
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:11:15 PM »
The Stop button is not meant to be used unless you want to stop in an emergency or after pressing the Fedd Hold button  and you want to clear the data in the buffer. If you are simply wanting to halt further progress of the programme then use the Feed Hold button.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Hi Hood,
thank you for answering.

In my case i use the stop button in somekind of emergencies. But sometimes, after an stop, i want to begin the work in a specific line of the g-code, and i have to redefine my zero work coordinates because i've lost steps. Is normal to loose steps when i press this button?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
If you are in motion then yes it is normal to lose steps when you press Stop. You should press Hold first and then Stop.
Hood