Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:42:25 AM

Author Topic: Problem with cutting  (Read 6841 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with cutting
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
No apologies needed :)
 Ok go to the icon you use to start Mach from and right clcik on it and choose properties. Click on find target and Windows should open the correct folder (Mach3 one) and your xml should be highlighted. Right click on the xml and change its name, maybe changing the file extension to old or putting old in front of the name or whatever you want really as long as you change it and remember what you did in case you need to put it back. Next go to the other computer and find the xml by the same method, right click and copy (dont change its name)  If the computers are not connected by network you will need to put it onto a USB stick or similar so you can then paste it into the Mach3 folder on the other computer.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »
Hi Hood and Bowber.

My son did as you said and all works fine now.

Many thanks again for all your help.
Ray

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »
great news :)
 Did you save the xml? if so rename it and attach it to the forum and I will see if I can find anything that would be the cause. You have to use the additional options on the full reply page to attach the file.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
northray,
Happy things are working for you.
I use two different pc's, a lap top 500MHZ and a 3 gig mhz pc and can say that when cutting circles or a shape on the lathe there is a difference in preformance especialy at a transition point or say  0,90,180,270 on the mill.
The faster pc just does the computing that much better. It is not a 10 fold increase but it's very noticible.
RICH
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:21:16 PM by RICH »
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 06:05:20 PM »
Hi Hood, I did save it so I will try and post it it would be interesting to find out what the difference was.

Hi Rich, I used the laptop as my first trial and moved on to the PC but as I have built two machines I have kept the laptop to test the second machine.

As you say the PC is faster but I am surprised how well the laptop works.

I am trying to decide which one to keep but both now work very well so I cannot make up my mind, one is slightly bigger at 900mm x 500mm cutting area so I might keep this one.

Thanks again for everyones  help great forum
Ray