Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:52:30 PM

Author Topic: Beginners Guide  (Read 6798 times)

Offline rol

•  4 4
    • View Profile
Beginners Guide
« on: August 18, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »
Is there anyone out there that has produced a beginners guide????

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »
Hi Rol,

to what, G-Code, Mach3, Life?

If its Mach3 then this is the place to start, just keep asking questions, there are lots of cleaver people here all sat at home with nothing better to do  ;)  so very willing to help  ;D

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline rol

•  4 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 08:25:30 AM »
Hi Graham,

Well if I have to list them in order of priority, then it would have to be,
Life, making money, all the other things and somewhere further down the list MACH3.

Well, I was hoping to find advise on the whole process of cnc machining.

Say I have just bought a cnc lathe and got a pc withit that has MACH3 already installed. I then design a small part  which I want to machine, what is next ???

I am not interested in trying to learn G-code for manual inputting so I got myself a copy of MasterCAM9. What should I know and waht should I do to set up MACH3 so that I can machine to tolerances.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:48:18 PM »
I am trying to test my softwear communication with my driver and motor. driver is "MECHATRONICS BI POLAR # AXIS" Motor "23KM-K255-P1V" Nema. I have hooked up all that I know 1 motor to test and running the mill program in Mach3, program starts but nothing happens with the motor. LOL. But I also have a stepper motor softwear that I purchased for $ 2.00 that is only for testing, and that one makes the motor move. Please help I live in LA. and I need someone to help me set up my machine. any help is appreciated thanks fellows. E Mail: frmco@sbcglobal.net