Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:22:46 AM

Author Topic: Please, Help homing my gantry on my router  (Read 6468 times)

Please, Help homing my gantry on my router
« on: August 18, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »
I've tried so many combinations that I'm lost

I would like to know what I must do to home it right.

I have two limit switch, one for the X and one for the A axis, both have there own input, port 2 pin 15 and port 2 pin 11 (on diagnostic screen, I can see both led when I manually trigger the switches, it is OK)

If I disable one limit switch, homing is OK but not square

If I enable both switch, homing is ok but look like Mach3 does not see the switch for the A axis. it will not square the gantry

On general config, I try to enable and disable "home slave with master" and this does not work either

I try to edit the RefAll button, with the Refcombination(9), this does not work, homing is good but not square, look like Mach3 does not see the A switch, Act like the DoButton (23) Ref X

One wire of the switch is connected to +5 and other is connected to input of the breakout board (did the autoselect and Mach3 recognize both switches.)

Do I have to Ref A axis separately, what is the DoButton code?

I'm using Mach3 V 3.042.001

I really don't know what else to try after that. I have searched on the forum with no result. Thanks

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Please, Help homing my gantry on my router
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 04:24:44 AM »
G'day Ostie

When using two home switches on a slaved axis do not have "home slave with master" checked.

RefCombination will as far as I know not "square" the axis.  At least it does not appear to on my setup.

In your Ref command it must home the X first then the A.  Not the other way around or it won't work.

So you want,

DoOEMButton ( 1022 )  'home X
DoOEMButton ( 1025 )  'home A

What happens is the X axis command sends both motors off together to home switch.  Goes onto X axis switch and backs off.

Then the A axis does it again but on it's own.  X axis does not move.  A only moves a very small amount.  On and off it's own switch.

Of course you can add commands to home Y and Z as well but those two must go in that order.

Now that is my experience and how my machine operates.

Hope this helps

Greg

EDIT;  If still having trouble try unchecking "Home Sw Safety" on General Config page.

A axis might still be on it's home switch when X axis is finished homing.   This will help if that is the case.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:41:20 AM by Greolt »
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:42:25 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, did not work for me.

What happen is:

If limit switch A is triggered first, will stop and back off ok but X axis will stop on switch but back off and don't stop

If limit switch X is triggered first, the opposite will happen

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:54:50 AM »
Have a look at the diagnostics screen when homing and see if the home switch LEDs show coorrectly.
Hood

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 06:05:42 AM »
It does sound like Mach is not "seeing" the home switches properly.

Greg

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
Hi, Ostie

Quite awhile back on a  X/A gantry water-Jet cutter conversion, I had to change one motor's direction "wiring" to allow the "dir low-actives state" to be the same in Ports & Pins and the same state in Homes & Limits "Reversed" to "X" for X & A axises to Home Properly.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 02:12:15 AM »
It's kind of weird, If I only use the limit switch on the X screw, everything work as it should, Mach3 see the switch, if I use only the switch on the A screw, it's ok, but when I want to hook up both switches, no chance.

I can see both leds for the switches on the diag screen when I trigger them manually.

Will do more testing and try to post some screens of my mach3 setup.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 02:44:05 AM »
I know it is only terminology but when you call them limit switches make me wonder.

You are setting them as home switches aren't you. 

And they are showing on the diagnostic page as home aren't they.   M1HOME and M4HOME  ;D

Greg
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 04:58:17 AM »
You're right, they are set as home switch, do you think that could be the problem?

I've been testing it for quite a while now but always give up after a couple of hours, but this time, I really would like to do it.

I can see both leds on the diagnostic page as M1HOME and M4HOME.

Jeff

Sorry for my English, this is not my primary language, hope you do not have too much trouble reading me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 05:01:22 AM »
They should be set as home switches so that is not your problem.
I am wondering however is maybe you are having problems with noise which is confusing Mach. Try setting the debounce to 2000 and see if that helps. It doesnt sound like the classic noise problem but I am not sure how slaving affects homing so it may be worth a try.
Hood