Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:33:33 PM

Author Topic: mastercam posts  (Read 6826 times)

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
mastercam posts
« on: August 16, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »
Hi,
  can anyone help,I have mastercam X I use the fanuc generic post which largly works with mach
but I always have a line reading "G91 G28 Z0" before each toolchange which I can edit out but its a pain.
How do I alter the post to remove this line?
  Cheers

Offline josh

•  101 101
    • View Profile
Re: mastercam posts
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
thats a good question because i am also using mastercam x and also using the generic post
and i always have to edit my g code on mach 3 so i would like to know to how do you alter
certain things to.

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »
Yes,
  I find it incredible,I have tried just about every post available,and have still not found one that will work correctly with any version of mastercam. What hope has someone with an obscure cad/cam set up got? Mastercam are the biggest player!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:49:33 PM »
Do you not have a post processor editor with MasterCam, if you do then edit the one that is almost working to suit your needs,
Hood

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 03:15:25 AM »
The point being that I would edit a number of posts that are close if I could work out how.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 05:10:22 AM »
You are making it sound like it is Artsofts responsibility to have a post processor for every CAM package, it is not. The responsibility lies with the CAM package or the person who purchases that CAM package. As I said most CAM packages come with an editor, if you dont know how to use it I suggest you either ask MasteCAM how or even ask them to edit one for you.
 Hood

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 08:20:13 AM »
I don't think its Artsofts responsibility at all ???
I was actually hoping that some one might of sorted one out by now,I for one havn't got hundreds of pounds to
throw at mastercam. If I did I would make the post available for anyone to use.
  I have looked at the instructions and tutorials for altering mastercam posts and its a minefield,there written in"geekspeak"
and are practically impossible to follow.

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »
Have you tried the posts on the post on the post processor page?
link: http://www.machsupport.com/posts.php

Regards

KTM

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »
KTM,
  I haven't looked there for a while, the second post is quite an old one and throws up errors when its updated to mastercamX.
The first one is quite good its based on a novalab,it updates well and works but it doesn't give a G28 before a toolchange,
you also need to put mach3 into incremental IJ mode or it throws up errors.
   It doe's however have instructions on how to enable G28 but it might as well be written in Chinese as I'm a toolmaker!
I only have an evaluation copy of X (no posting)so I usually have do go to my friends to use his full copy If I could get a post that worked
I could probably just email him the mcx file and get him to post it.
  If anyone could enable the G28 for me that would be grand!