Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 02:47:43 PM

Author Topic: Help with importing JPG files.....  (Read 2672 times)

Offline K3HTK

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Help with importing JPG files.....
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »
I am having a heck of a time getting jpg files to import into LazyCam and I am sure it is me being new to all this so sorry if this is redundant. I checked the posts everywhere and could not find examples or what I need to get this to work. I am sure once I get a little guidance on this I will be rock and rolling on it. I watched the tutorial video and have a basic understanding of things but it didn't help me with importing image files.

Basically could someone please help walk me through the process of importing an image? I tried it on my own but I keep seeing nothing in the preview window.

Here is what I am doing:

Starting with nothing open, I click the "Image File" icon, and select the file I am wanting to work on. The image processing window pops up and my image is in there. Then I have the options of choosing V-Drill, Raster XY, Raster YX, Spiral, and Image Trace/Raster->Vector.

I have selected nothing and see nothing on the screen. When I select Raster XY or any of the other besides Trace/Raster, I see the XY grid on the screen but no image of what I am working with.

Again sorry if this is a total newbie questions but I am lost on this.... I appreciate any help. I was using BMP2CNC which is easy but I need to do contour cutting and BMP2CNC just simply doesn't seem to be able to do that.

Thanks,

Ed

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Help with importing JPG files.....
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »
Ed,

I am honestly not very good with the image importing either but I do remember that you will not see anything in the window until you use the middle mousewheel button. Not scroll, you must press the wheel or middle button if you have one on your mouse... and then while pressing it, move the mouse around and that should show you the image in "3D".

Hope that helps a bit-  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline K3HTK

•  19 19
    • View Profile
Re: Help with importing JPG files.....
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 01:22:33 PM »
Okay I will give that a shot.... Thanks for the info! :)

Ed