Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 08:42:22 AM

Author Topic: Lcam chain depth  (Read 6578 times)

Lcam chain depth
« on: August 11, 2008, 03:56:36 PM »
 In a given DFX file with multiple chains, can I assign different depths to different chains?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Lcam chain depth
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 04:41:10 PM »
Hi, Stingray67

You need to move all common "Depth Cut (Chan's)"  to a New Layer, Then Apply Depth's to each Layer.

Chip
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 05:21:52 PM »
To kool,  thanks much

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »
Hi, How do you add a new layer in Lcam?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 11:51:03 PM »
Hi, Lokey

Click on the Chain, Then RT Mouse "click" and chouse an Option.

Chip
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:53:16 PM by Chip »

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 12:58:22 AM »
Hi Chip, I grouped all chains with similar depths in to there own layer and when I press set layer it sets all layers to that depth. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am not able to set different depths for each layer.
I am LazyCam Pro. Is there a solution to this problem?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 04:32:14 AM »
Hi, Lokey

Set the deepest layer first, Then set layer then set all layers button, Then select a layer and set the new depth with set layer, Should work.

If not post the LCam file and will look at it.

Chip

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »
Hi Chip, I posted a copy  of the Lcam file. One chain does not show up in the Project section.
If try to set a depth using the set layer button on the Layers tab it sets all layers.  I can set the depth for different layers  using the set depth feature on the tool bar but it is not very accurate. 

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »
Hi, Lokey

Looked at your Lset file, I think you need to organize it a little bit more, Think of your dxf as a temp-let to create your part. Hears a .lset file that hopefully will give you a guide to doing what I think you want hear.

Setting the layer depth should be accurate, Click on the LH layer and set the values in the layer tab below.

When you create pockets or offset's don't forget to delete the chaine you used to create them with.

It looks like your starting to get the steps down, Just a steep learning curve.

Chip

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »
Hi Chip, Wow, really nice.  I will try to follow your example on future projects. I found the axis calibration tool on the setting page of Mach 3. After calibration I was able to use  G code to move the axis a set distance and the dial indicator show the correct distance was moved. The DRO showed the movement to be short by .0003 and when I returned it zero the dial indicator returned to zero, but the DRO would 0.0009. When I run a cut with a lot of x changes the error add up and  creates a real noticeably  affect making the part useless because its a rotor and it is out of round.  If you know of a way to correct this problem please let me know. Thank you for all your efforts. Best Regards