Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:55:49 AM

Author Topic: Posting a Screen shot?  (Read 3287 times)

Posting a Screen shot?
« on: August 08, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »
I've been using Mach 3 for a couple of months now and I am THOROUGHLT IMPRESSED!  It's a really fantastic application.  The best $150 I've spent in a long time!  I've got a little bit of a peculiar issue and I'm not even sure how to describe it.  I would like to post a screen shot of my g-code file's toolpath (that shows in the toolpath display) so you all can see what it's doing but I don't know how to get a screen shot out of Mach 3.  I'm trying to cut a nice nameplate for a friend and the display shows the "table" about 7 inches to the negative direction.  None of my other g-code does this.  Help!  I've gone through the g-code file manually and can't see any "-7" X axis command lines so I'm a little stumped.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Posting a Screen shot?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
Easiest way is to get a copy of WisdomSoft ScreenHunter, the free edition. You can then use it to grab a screenshot and then use the ful reply page to attach it to a post, you use the additional options button on the full reply page.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:54:41 PM »
http://www.wisdom-soft.com/downloads/setupscreenhunterfree.exe

thats a direct link, think it should work.
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »
Hi, M1911bldr

You need to install screenHunter Free hears a Link http://www.wisdom-soft.com/sh/index.htm

Post your g-code, You may have a G52 temp-offset in effect, Click on Machine Coord's Button, If there a difference in the DRO values, Type in your MDI line type G52x0y0z0 Ent-key, Then they should be the same, Then G00x0y0z0 should take you to home position.

Chip

Quick Drew. Hood