Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:33:54 AM

Author Topic: Creeping Y position. Anyone know something else I can try?  (Read 14970 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Creeping Y position. Anyone know something else I can try?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 06:11:26 PM »
That is strange, my Geckos have run no problem either Hi or Lo. They are G201 and G202 but I wouldnt have thought there to be any difference with the G203's. Maybe its your breakout that is supposed to be Active Hi?

Did you set the Steps Per to 4608? Not that it will affect the cumulative error but just curious whether your axis move the correct distance.
Hood

Hood
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:09:19 PM by Hood »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »
Hi, Dave

I was saying run the Gecko's direct from the computer P-port, To eliminate the BOB interaction for a test.

Another thought, Are the Y axis wires routed in the same manner as your other axises and away from high/current power wires.

Are all your steppers the same and current set resistors the same, Yellow Led's on the Geckos lighting up the same.

Have you adjusted the midband adjustment's also, per the Gecko's manual, Checked all the connections..

Hood, I've always run my Gecko's direct to P-Port in testing, Don't recall any issues ether, Hi or Low.

Thanks, Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »
Chip
 I know for a fact that on the mill one of mine is High and the other two are low and I dont get problems, so looks like it may be the breakout that is fussy about it in this case. Why though it doesnt work on the setting that its meant to be is a mystery, maybe there is a difference with the G203's?

Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
Hood

The manual stated something about not running the stepper fast enough could have issues, But x and y should be the same hear, Maybe it's the mid band adjustment ?

I need to go back and re-read that.

Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 07:25:18 PM »
Could be, its certainly a strange one :(

Hood