Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:44:44 AM

Author Topic: Afew things I have made  (Read 23173 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Afew things I have made
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 08:28:28 AM »
That is just fantastic work, my friend. Just fantastic-  :)

The power draw bar is completely air driven, yes?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 08:44:59 AM »
Very, very good. That's great work. Got any videos of them in action? I love the gatling gun. Ever make one of those in a 270 caliper? I think everyone should have something like that for home defense.  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »
Wow, impressive stuff! Do you design all of the parts yourself, or did you manage to find drawings for some guns. With all of the guns and other products, seems it would be a full time job just doing the designing. Obviously, your not a one-man-band. Do you do all the anodizing or have a local shop do it? Do you make full size replicas? Great stuff you posted, and even more on your site. Thanks for sharing.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
Hi I do all the design , programing and machine work myself . Just a one man shop with a lot of automated equipment . I mostly do R+D and protoyping work for a couple of larger gun manufacturers so I have become pretty good with time management , 16 hour days 7 days a week helps also. I do all the anodizing in house, I will soon be farming the anodizing out on large runs as I just dont have time if it gets over 30-40 pieces.

The 1919 22 and the gatling 22 are both drawings/desgns that belong to other people so those I cannot share, would love to but just wouldnt be fair .
Here is a link to a few of my other gun related projects , i have a lot more I will be updating the site with and as soon as I find some time will be creating a download section with alot of my 2d and 3d drawings .  http://www.thompsonmachine.net/gun.htm

Justin over at cncgunsmithing has a lot of wonderful 3d solid models for various guns that are free to download also .

The power drawbar is all air , uses the original valve off the back of a $10  3/8 impact wrench used to turn the drwbar . there are a couple of air cylinders that drive the unit down on the drawbar . I would be happy to share the drawings for this one but I sell the unit in Kit form for a reasonable price. If you studdy the pics its not hard to duplicate.

I have started a larger gatling in 357 magnum but just havent found time to finish , I have a full set of plans free to download for a 1903 gatling in 30/40 craig over on the yahoo "Gatling Gun " goup . A number of fellows over there are also building the little 1873 like mine in the pics.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:06:22 AM by panaceabeachbum »
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 02:58:23 PM »
On the 1919-22.....What is used for the belt ? Is it custom molded ? Or is something off the shelf ?
Thanks ,
RC
REALLY NEAT STUFF !
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 06:44:22 PM »
its a clothe belt made for the tippmann 22 beltfeds and the LM7 22 upper for the AR made by lakeside machine, there are also plastic links avail  . Eric at lake side sells the 1919 22 in kit form

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 10:40:26 PM »
what camera did you use to take your pictures with.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »
most of them with a minolta g530 , nothing fancy just a pocket camera . I like it because its small , about the size of a pack of cigarettes  and it has a cycle time between pics of around 1 second . Does very well in dif light conditions .  Will also take over 700 pics between charges, more without the flash.  has two card slots so I can have 2 qty  2gig memory cards in it at the same time

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 01:40:48 AM »
wow some real nice stuff there. Can you get belted 22LR over there or did you need to make the round belt as well for the browning?

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 01:41:30 AM »
The anodizing is spot on as well, it makes all the difference to a bit of Ally.