Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:09:17 PM

Author Topic: Rules and disclaimers for posting plugins  (Read 24433 times)

ynneb

Rules and disclaimers for posting plugins
« on: June 02, 2006, 03:30:10 AM »
Please upload your plugins into this section by starting a new thread here.
Anyone may download the plugins from this section so long as they abide by the authors requests.
Please support the authors by placing constructive criticism in the appropriate threads.

Artsoft does not guarantee any of these plugins, nor warrantee any damage these plugins may cause to a machine or computer. These plugins must be used at your own risk.
Re: Rules and disclaimers for posting plugins
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:53:50 AM »
Can I suggest some additional points? Well I'm going to anyway :=)

(a) Using a Zip or Rar archive allows you to include the DLL and any supporting files as an package. A self-extracting archive is ideal.

(b) As plugins are all go in the same folder, try to use a different DLL file name from that used for existing plugins. Otherwise, on unzipping, the user may wipe out what s/he already has.

I have setup a trial page in the customization wiki to list the names used and provide links to the place for the download this is at:

http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=Index_of_Plugins_that_have_been_developed

(c) You will get many more users prepared to try/test your Plugin if you provide some release notes describing what it is intended to do and the configuration required

John Prentice