Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:27:54 AM

Author Topic: Positioning output on material  (Read 2943 times)

Positioning output on material
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:32:06 AM »
I've got another basic, newbie question. I'm trying to make the mini roadrunner as a test. It keeps trying to put it outside the limits of my machine. I know this might be worded differently from how you're used to dealing with things, but how can I 'put' the roadrunner just where I want it on the material? Do I have to change it in LazyCam? Or is there a way to do it within Mach3?

As a possibly related question, is there a place in Mach3 to put the limits (Size of X, Y, and Z) of your particular machine?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Positioning output on material
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 03:11:41 AM »
Yes you can put SoftLimits dimensions into the Homing and Limits page.
I think I saw mention you dont have home switches set up at the moment so heres what you will need to do each time you start Mach (or hit a limit)
 You need to jog so your tool is lower left of your work area and fully up on the Z. Then press the Ref All button, if you press the Machine CoOrds button you should see all your DROs read Zero, if not then go to homing and limits and check the Auto Zero column.
 Ok so now you have set your machines home position, for soft limits you set X and Y min and Z Max to zero and the X and Y Max and Z min get set to the travel. Remember Z will be a negative number but the rest are positive.

Now your roadrunner problem, what you do here is jog the machine to where you want your X Y Z zero to be then hit the Zero Button at the side of each axis, you have just set up a work offset :)
 If when you press the Zero button at the side of an axis and the DRO doesnt change to Zero then you are displaying in machine coordinates, so press the Machine Coords button so that the LED is out and you will see your work coords (ie the X0 Y0 Z0 that you just set :)  )

Hood