Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:15:25 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 and spindle speed controller  (Read 14446 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 and spindle speed controller
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 07:08:18 PM »
Thanks, can you possibly tell me how you wired it up? Pics would be a help if you have them?

Not surpirising he didn't get back to you. For some reason he doesn't answer any of my questions here or emails to his site but I see he's logged in here quite often. Who knows.....

Thanks again-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »
Hi, sorry, no pics for the moment. I have removed all wires and cables for the moment. Had troubles with E-stop when working so bought shielded cables and will replace them all. For the hook up, I followed what the manual says but had some troubles to set up Mach3 but after many attempts, I got some results. I also bought a Porter Cable router motor and will eventually replace the DC motor with it.  Not enough RPM and with the DC controller, I loose at least 1500 RPM. Before I could get 5500 RPM and with the controller, only 4000 which it's not enough for me. Will replace the spindle bearings  with ceramic bearings too. Sorry again if I'm not very helpful to you.
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »
Hi,

Firstly, let me say that I answer all emails sent to me. Occasionally, I will miss one, but a follow up request will get a response.  I also subscribe to and monitor about 15 yahoo groups, and I  also monitor this forum and CNCzone.

As to emails I have trouble repling to people who use Comcast as their ISP. For some reason they block my emails. Every time I go through their report/resolution process.

Both this forum and CNCZone are extremely difficult to monitor. It requires me to search all the subjects looking for something relevant to answer. If I find something I'll subscribe to it. It is what I also do to CNCZone. Keep in mind between these two, there are probably more than 500 posts a day. Thinks get missed. As it is it takes an hour or two to troll the forums looking for something I need to reply to.

As a point in case,  I was in Beijing for a while from the 5th September. As such I miss a bunch of posts. I'm not going to spend hours searching for things I've missed, I just don't have the time.

Personally, I prefer the Yahoo email list method. I can set filters on Thunderbird to highlight emails that have relevance to me, by looking for keywords in the incoming email.

To solve the problem on this forum, I'd be happy for the moderators to set up a forum called "Homann Designs", then question to my products could be posted there.

As to the original question regarding the LED color on the DC-03. Yes it has changed due to a change in component. The functionality hasn't changed, it is still as defined in the manual.

I spend approximately two hours a day answering questions via email or forums. Occasionally I miss things. I apologise for that.

Cheers,

Peter.

----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »
Peter,

First of all, I don't have Comcast so that's out. Second of all, I was reply number 3 (right after your post),  asking for help with wiring one of your boards to my controller complete with diagrams so as to make it as easy as possible, so I thought and not even a reply.

I guess apparently you really are indeed too busy so I'll be looking for another alternative because I'm guessing by your previous post and the fact that ostie asked for help after purchasing one of your products and receivede no answer, that I wouldn't get much tech support anyway.

Dave->    ;)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 10:04:30 PM »
Oh, and thanks anyway ostie, I appreciate the replies-  ;)

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 10:43:01 PM »
Peter,

First of all, I don't have Comcast so that's out. Second of all, I was reply number 3 (right after your post),  asking for help with wiring one of your boards to my controller complete with diagrams so as to make it as easy as possible, so I thought and not even a reply.

I guess apparently you really are indeed too busy so I'll be looking for another alternative because I'm guessing by your previous post and the fact that ostie asked for help after purchasing one of your products and receivede no answer, that I wouldn't get much tech support anyway.

Fair point. I missed it. Don't have an answer as to why though. It a moot point now but the DC-06 would work fine with the controller.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com