Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:09:24 PM

Author Topic: Is anybody else running a M13 modbus board from CNC4PC or a TCP PLC?  (Read 3763 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
If you are, let me know, I have a plug in I am testing and I would like a secondary beta tester......

OR

If your running an TCP modbus connected PLC (one with Analog inputs, and a HS counter for a MPG), please let me know.

scott
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 12:29:23 AM by poppabear »
fun times
Re: Is anybody else running a M13 modbus board from CNC4PC or a TCP PLC?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »
Will it work with a ModIO?

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Is anybody else running a M13 modbus board from CNC4PC or a TCP PLC?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:00:34 AM »
Peter,

By all means download the Plug in and Try it, it is in "Finished" Plugins.  Go Up a few post to where you see the "MSI" installer. It willl install everything for you and is a lot easier to deal with than the original manual file install.

I dont have a Mod I/O to test with here, but, there should be no probem.  I am Grabbing and sending stuff directly to the Modbus Memory Block in Mach.
The only thing you would have to do, is set up the Modbus Config dialog, then make sure the plug in dialog (the Help files under the Help button will explain it all), match your dialog.

Note: the Plugin will allow upto 30 inputs and 12 outputs.  The modbus functions  you dont want to use, just put a -1 in them.
Let me know how it goes for you.  BTW: I am using a Radio Shack USB to Serial converter and if you are maxing out the Plugin, you have to stagger your scan times on your io and set up higher time out.  I will try that FTDI  converter you recommended.

scott
fun times