Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:11:50 PM

Author Topic: I must be losing it  (Read 7251 times)

Re: I must be losing it
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 03:35:42 AM »
I am wondering if it is because the C23 is not powered properly.  The SmoothStepper has a jumper on pin 26 of each header that supplies 5V to the C23.  I learned the hard way that the C23 will function pretty well but not perfect if the jumpers are not installed.  If they are installed (I ship them with the header on just one of the two pins, short out the jumper to apply 5V to the C23), then measure the voltage with a multimeter to see if the SS is able to supply enough current.  If not, the voltage will be low.  It could be that your USB port is not supplying enough current (if you're using the USB port for power).  See if you can trace the signal backwards from the input.  Arturo should be able to help you if you need assistance tracing it backwards through the circuit.  Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Greg
Re: I must be losing it
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 03:40:02 AM »
By the way, the C23 will mostly work right if the jumpers are not installed because the I/O signals actually drive enough current to power the board through the wrong paths.  I was measuring a lot of crosstalk between various signals, and the high-speed optos would not even work.  But all the rest of it worked.  Then I powered it properly and it worked great.

Greg