Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:45:03 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Wave form??  (Read 3811 times)

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Mach3 Wave form??
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »
I have installed Mach3 on xp, had a wave form initially then lost it. How can I get it back?
Re: Mach3 Wave form??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »
Shut it down.. and reboot. ? ? ?
rc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:55 PM »
Shut down Mach and run the DriveTest (in the Mach 3 folder) and see what it runs like. If bad you may need to do the optimisation steps, you will find the details on the download page.
Hood

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 01:36:02 AM »
Thanks for the reply...I was able to get the wave form. Is 25,440 a good frequency? I could not get my motors to move with Vista so, I switched over to xp. I still seem to be having the same problem and beginning to wonder if I am setting my pins correctly. I can test motors with the driver board test button (OK), cable is good with all pins active, port address is 378, when I go into mach folder and click "Get Port Address", it displays "&H378". Is this normal?
If I go to Diagnostics page in mach, it shows three pins active or green??...these pins are 4,5&6 if you are counting from left to right on the top row. I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly. Can you shed some light on this for me? Thanks

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 05:09:40 AM »
Again - you are not giving much away -

what driver cards  are you using - are they stepper motors etc - are you using a three in one board, with a built in break-out board.

Many commercial cards have an "switchon/off" pin on them - make sure that is grounded or whatever. If you are still at the workbench stage, just connect up one motor to one driver card to your computer and do all your testing with that (the others are just more of the same). You can set up all of Mach 3 with just one motor - it is that flexible.

Things to watch for - Config/Ports and Pins/Motor Outputs - make sure the motor is activated, with the PORT and the pins correctly configured - port = 1 (Do not both about active/low/high at this stage. Set the "jog" keys for this axis. You should be able to jog the motor backwards and forwards.

Your frequency seems OK, I trust there are not too many noise spikes on your test. The led's you refer to seem to light up whatever you do. Stick at it.

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
The equipment I am using is PMDX, pmdx-122 breakout board, 150 drivers. Motors are steppers. All lights lit are normal on the boards according to there instructions. (Active & Ready). I will try to get more info on the computer side of things.