Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:31:28 PM

Author Topic: Pause or Feedhold LED ???  (Read 7287 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Pause or Feedhold LED ???
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:34:12 AM »
I asked about this a year or so ago.  Thought I might try again.  ;D

The wiki lists OEM LED No  805 for pause.   You can also select Pause direct from "System Function"

Neither of these work for me.  Anyone know a way to get this to work for Pause or Feedhold ?

Greg

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Pause or Feedhold LED ???
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »
Greg, OEM code 111 with flashing yellow LED works for me:

- sorry about the fuzzy pic, I hate JPG's.....  :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 08:18:03 AM »
Yeah OEM 111 is working for me.

Thanks Dave.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 06:30:41 PM »
here is a screen with all THREE type of pause LEDs...........
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
Scott

I know 813 is dwell.  I use that to show when a G4 pause is happening in my macros

It also shows when spindle spin up delay is happening.

111 seems to be working for what I wanted which is to indicate I have feedhold happening.

Not too sure why Brian says he thinks he has come up with a fix for that ......??

Have not figured out what 805 does.  Do you know?

Greg

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 11:15:05 AM »
Here is a Work A Round Brain and Screen for you.......  the USERDRO 1600 will be your "Pause LED".  This is a pretty good fix, there are some conditions not covered
The ARE:

1). When Mach is "ON" not in reset, and the machine is in:  Stop, Feedhold, G4, or M1 the Pause LED will Blink.
2). Manual JOGGING will "turn off" the Pause LED while the machine is moving.
3). LED 65, (Optional Stop LED, is broken it never turns off, so is not used eigther).

Here is what I know about the 805.

805 used to work...................  when you hit an "M1" or G4  or the Feed hold button, it broke about 1yr or more ago, and was never fixed. was on/is on the list.

Basically 805 is no longer even hooked up, you cant turn it on with a brain, or the Paused Planner.......

NOTE:  The Feed Hold 111  LED will only 1/2 work for you.........   What it does, it only becomes active IF you hit the feed hold during line execution AND there is some movement left on that same line thas has not been executed...........

On short move lines, when you hit the feed hold, sometimes (alot on short moves), the LED 111 will not light, since you hit the feed hold and by the time the motors decelerate to a stop, you are at the end of the line, or sometimes at the beginning of the next line..........

I willl Look into the Plug in stuff, and see if I can access the "Planner Logic" to see if I can find a "Purer" or actual "Pause function" and send that to an LED.

Screen and Brain are attached.

Scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »

NOTE:  The Feed Hold 111  LED will only 1/2 work for you.........   What it does, it only becomes active IF you hit the feed hold during line
execution AND there is some movement left on that same line thas has not been executed...........

On short move lines, when you hit the feed hold, sometimes (alot on short moves), the LED 111 will not light, since you hit the
feed hold and by the time the motors decelerate to a stop, you are at the end of the line, or sometimes at the beginning of the next line..........

Scott,  as always,  above and beyond the call.............  Thanks.

I tried for a while to get a feedhold where the LED 111 would not light.  Just kept hitting feedhold / start.  It lit every time.  Roadrunner.

Then I tried Cross.tap  and it never lights.   Something going on there I don't understand.  :)

Greg