Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:13:48 PM

Author Topic: Starting A Wizard  (Read 7064 times)

Starting A Wizard
« on: May 31, 2006, 10:16:20 AM »
Well - looks like I will start off this new area - thanks for adding it Brian  ;)

Right, I'm just starting to play with creating wizards and have a few questions :-

1) What screen resolution should a wizard be in ? I'm running Mach in 1024 and creating a screen in Screen4 in 1024, but when I run the wizard only the top left quarter of the screen can be seen in Mach and the buttons are enlarged.

2) I have an exit button on the screen. This is defined as a VB script. I then go into Mach and write the script. Close the script and when asked whether to save I say yes. I then click the button and it works and Mach says 'screen modified and saved' I then open the wizard click exit and it gives an error and the script is blank. What am I doing wrong?

I'm sure these will be the first of a long list of questions -  :P

Cheers

Dave
Re: Starting A Wizard
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 11:59:46 AM »
I do the screens in 1024 :)

There is a Save Current Layout under the View in mach3..

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 01:40:09 PM »
Ah ha - well thats sorted out my script problem - but I haven't got a clue what is going on with the screen sizes. Here's a picture of the screen in screen4 and in Mach. Is this a bug? I'm running 1.09.040.

Cheers

Dave
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »
Dave

You Will have auto screen enlarge turned on in mach3.
It's in the state settings (just un tick it)

Regards
Mark
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 04:50:15 PM »
Yup - turning auto screen enlarge off seems to have cured the problem - but why? Is this a bug? The 1024.set screens work perfectly with auto-enlarge on, but any screen I create in Screen4 needs it turned off.

Cheers

Dave
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
Dave

Auto screen enlarge zooms in to your items on screen so if you only have items in the top left hand corner then it zooms in to them.
try putting something in the top left and bottom right which means it will zoom to the whole screen.

Hope this helps

mark
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:56:07 AM »
I've just been having a play and it seems that Mach can sometimes over-enlarge the screen. See the pictures below :-
In screen4

In Mach

Notice that in Mach the bottom button is missing.

Cheers

Dave

ynneb

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 07:03:14 AM »
I might move this thread to the general screen design area until it becomes VB specific. Ill keep checking back on it.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 06:19:24 PM »
Use one of the other wizards as a start and see if that helps you :) I pick on the circular hole pattern ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 06:27:41 AM »
Brian

Tried using another wizard to start with and still seem to get funny results - I suspect it is the same thing as in this thread :-

http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=746.0

I think it's time to sit back and wait and see what happens.

Cheers

Dave