Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:06:35 PM

Author Topic: "G-Code" button script  (Read 5909 times)

"G-Code" button script
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:10:23 PM »
 :)
R3.041 Mill
The G-Code button has/had script in it,   (the older version had OEM 8 which for some reason I cannot find in the OEM list.)
I was modifying the script in the Ref All button and when I was done, that same script ended up in the G-Code button as well.  Weird
Anyway, could someone give me a screenshot of the script under the G-Code button in Version R3.041 ?
Thanks,
RC

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: "G-Code" button script
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
HtmlDialog( GetMainFolder()+"Mach3MillGcode.htm" )

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 09:21:43 PM »
Just another wee tip, make up a custom profile and also copy the screenset you are altering to desktop, rename it and then paste it back into the Mach3 folder and load from the view menu. That way when you upgrade versions your profile and any changes you have made to the screen wont be overwritten with the standard ones.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »

Ahhhh....good tip !

All better now............thanks Hood
I am aware of the occasional "Save" not saving , but never had it jump to another button.

In the XLS you posted...was there an "OEM 8" for the old code list ? Or was I looking in the wrong place ?
rc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »
not sure

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 10:17:26 PM »
RC I see what you are meaning now, the older screens had the G-Code button set to OEM8 which meant it would open page 8, similar to the MDI button being OEM2 as that is the page number for MDI.
 Now that the G-Code is a html page then it has to look for that instead of going to page 8 of the screenset.

Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:33:54 AM »
Just a quick question, why do you guys upgrade to a version that is not a lockdown yet?

I'm just curious as I'm always a wuss when it comes to changing versions-  :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »
Quite a few reasons, main one I suppose is the later versions always have things that the earlier ones dont, whether they are an advatage depends on the individual. Another reason is for instance screen designer changed a while back,  my screens wont run on early versions as lots of LEDs etc would be missing. Same with the SmoothStepper, it requires a later version than the lockdown version.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
I like to try to keep up with the latest and greatest. I really like the Feed Rate and Rapid Overrides in the new version.
The proof is on the pudding too, if no one ran the new releases, they wouldn't get de-bugged through practical use and therefore would probably never get locked down.
I love to tinker with this stuff,
RC

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »
I completely understand the reasons for upgrading, I just hate to bork up my system when things are running well.

I guess the best thing to do is set it up on a PC that I don't have my machine on and go through to be sure.

Thanks fellas-
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)