Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:06:57 AM

Author Topic: Inverting display toolpath screen  (Read 6116 times)

Inverting display toolpath screen
« on: July 19, 2008, 08:29:05 PM »
Hi, I am new to Mach3 but I am not new to CNC.  My question is there a way to have mach3 display the toolpath screen having the 0,0,0 Home position in the upper right hand corner instead of the lower left corner? I basically want to have it display rotated 180 degrees from its default position.

Thanks,Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Inverting display toolpath screen
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
you can set the work offset zero to any position you want but really you should always have your machine coordinates zero position as lower left. What is the reason you are wanting the zero position at top right?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »
The reason that I wiant to rotate the screen is that I have my CNC setup that way with the home position in the upper Right.  I can make do with it the way it is but for clarity when setting up it would be nice to have the screen view the same as the cnc is layed out. Thanks for the reply.

Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 09:33:14 PM »
When the home switches are in your location it is normal to put a Home Off into the homing and limits, that will make your home position at lower left but will show your position as per your table.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »
I'm not quite sure that I follow you.  But I think that you are saying that there is no way to rotate the Mach toolpath screen, Correct.

Thanks,Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
not really
what I am saying is X0 Y0 should always be lower left of the screen, if you have your home switches set so that your home position is upper right then you want to set a Home Off amount in the homing and limits page for each axis. The distance you want to put in is the travel of your axis. That way when you do a home move the zero position will be lower left but your DRO will show up that you are at the opposite end of your travel.

Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 10:50:48 PM »
Hood, he wants X+ to be to the left, and Y+ to be down. I looked around and didn't see any way to do this. CAM programs like V-Carve Pro will write your code this way, but I don't see any way to have Mach display it correctly.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 02:54:37 AM »
yep I know what he is wanting and as far as I know the only way he can have that is if he moves to Ozz ;)
Seriously  though it seems a bit strange why you would want that as its working against convention, every graph I have ever seen has lower left as X0Y0 and to move positive you move right and up.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 05:33:38 AM »
G'day Guys.  I'm in Ozz and would really like to do a similar thing as kencor1 (ie rotate the toolpath display screen so that X+=right & Y+=down).  Is there anyway of doing this without the operator using the mouse to manually rotate the toolpath in the toolpath screen.  Thanks