Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:52:44 PM

Author Topic: New Wizards for Indexers  (Read 11879 times)

New Wizards for Indexers
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
I now have three indexer wizards available, spiral, wrap on a cylinder and my latest, flutes. The price is $75 for all three. If I make other indexer wizards available in this package in the future, all previous customers will get the new wizards as well. I can be contacted at rgoldner AT iname DOT com.

All of these wizards use a rotary axis and are aimed at woodworkers. The spiral wizard will cut rope, barley twists, hollow spiral, etc. The flute wizard will cut any number of flutes on a cylinder with or without ramping. The wrap on a cylinder wizard will allow any gcode to be wrapped around a cylinder without any changes.
Re: New Wizards for Indexers
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »
Sounds GREAT...
Would like to see an example/screenshots.
RC
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17:14 PM »
In response to all the requests I have received for more information on my indexer wizards I have created a quick and dirty web page. Please check it out:

http://www.wizardsbyrich.embarqspace.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
A fourth wizard has been added to the collection. This one will create any diameter cylinder out of rough stock or larger diameter cylinders. It will also create tapered cylinders.

In addition, the fluting wizard will now create flutes on tapered cylinders. Even with the added wizard the price stays at $75. Please see

for additional information or to purchase.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 04:13:36 PM »
Here's a couple of pictures of work done with my new wave wizard. The wizard will be released in a few days.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 01:06:43 PM »
I am pleased to announce that a new wizard has been added to my Indexer Wizards package. The Wave Wizard is used to cut sine waves onto a straight or tapered cylinder. Depending on the bit used and the pitch and amplitude selected this can create some very interesting patterns.

The price of the Indexer Wizards stays the same at $75.

For more information:

Indexer Wizards version 2.0 Available Now
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
I am pleased to announce that version 2.0 of the Indexer Wizards are now available. The Indexer Wizards are designed to allow you to cut cylindrical objects on your rotary axis. These objects range from simple cylinders to  complex newel posts with tapers, flutes, spirals and carvings. The wizards consist of a few basic operations (called work operations) that can be combined in unlimited ways without having to write any gcode. Work operations include rounding, spirals, flutes, waves, polygons, tool change, wrap gcode on a cylinder and custom. The custom work operation allows you to include custom gcode.

The Indexer Wizards create one gcode output file that can be directly used by Mach3 to cut the object you have designed. The object is designed by entering the parameters required for each work operation that you want to add to your object. The Indexer Wizards convert these parameters to gcode. At any time you can save your work to a gcode file. You do not have to finish your design in one session. You can save your file and exit the wizards and then, at a later time, reopen the file and finish your design.

The wizards are designed to allow bi-directional operation. This means that at any time you can open a file created by the Indexer Wizards and modify your design in any way that you wish. You can change the order of work operations, add and delete work operations or change the parameters of one or more work operations. This makes it very easy to correct mistakes or change a design into something brand new.

A free operation manual may be downloaded from my website.

BTW, the Indexer Wizards cost $100 and come with free upgrades and support.

Here is a picture of a carving wrapped around a cylinder. The decorative beading was done with the help of Vectric's Aspire.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 03:08:29 AM »
How about posting some screenshots?

Web site does not give much to go by.  :)

Greg

EDIT:  Hey I take that back.  ;D  Download the PDF.  It has plenty of screenshots.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:19:41 AM by Greolt »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »
Confused, is it $75 ( no upgrades ? )  or $100 ( which includes upgrades and support ) .
Can't download the manual yet, but are therre any restrictions in the codeing inputs such that it can't be used for metal?
Will text be added in the future?
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 09:50:23 AM »
When trying to download the manual:

Download Error!

This site has gone over its daily download limit

Please try again later
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)