Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:16:54 PM

Author Topic: Assign commands to joystick  (Read 9992 times)

Assign commands to joystick
« on: May 30, 2006, 08:49:05 AM »
Hello everybody!
Recently I bought Logitech wireless joystick, and after couple days of fighting I install it properly on Mach 3. Now it works perfectly. The joystick has a lot of pushbuttons and it tempts me to assign Mach commands to them.
My question is: does anybody know how to assign GOTO Z (go to zero, or zeroing all axis) command to a joystick? If “yes” please let me know.
Thank you in advance Vladimir.

ynneb

Re: Assign commands to joystick
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 08:56:03 AM »
I know what you want to do. But dont know the exact process.
I do have a few hints where to look though.
To go to Zero all axis is a macro function.
I would think you need to make that a hot key on your keyboard and then use the keygrabber to assign the joystick button to activate that key.
Or somthing like that. I could be way off too.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 06:56:19 AM »
Thank you ynneb for advice , but frankly speaking I don’t know how to work with  macros. I tried many ways but  nothing works. Maybe you can point me how exactly it might be done.
Vladimir
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 08:48:17 AM »
Hi

Why not change the hot key in screen4 ? Try doing this :-

Open screen4 (located in the Mach folder)
Open the 1024.set screenset
Find the 'Goto Z' button, double click on the button and a menu will pop up.
About 3/4 of the way down you will see 'Hot Key' and it hsould be ticked.
Click to untick and then retick the box. You should now get a message asking you to type the key you want to use.
Choose a key, then exit the dialog, save the screen and reload mach.
You should now be able to hit your chosen key and assign this to the joystick.

The default code for 'Goto Z' is 32847 - perhaps someone can tell us what key combination this is.

Presume your using the 'Playstation' type controller - thinking I'm going to get myself one of them!

Cheers

Dave
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 02:52:23 PM »
Hello Dave! I did everything you told me and now I solved the problem. Thank you very much. I’m using Logitech game console and I found it very handy. This is the link for this product:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2225,CONTENTID=9069

Initially I had some problems with the joystick installation software on Mach3, but finally I solved them (exact reason of abnormal working is still unknown, original joystick software has reduced Mach 3 pulse frequency from 25000 to 100 pulses) . I used software from different Logitech joystick and now the application works properly.   So I recommend you to buy this product as I found it very handy, light, and it has a lot of buttons.
Thanks again
Vladimir   :D :D :D :D

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 01:34:29 PM »
I recently purchased the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2, same as Vladimir listed in the previous post.  I can't get it to do anything.  I've run keygrabber but don't know enough of what I'm doing to get this to work.  Keygrabber does recognize the rumblepad.  Should I also be running the Logitech Profiler?  Any help setting this device up would be great.
Thanks
Eugene
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 02:06:28 PM »
can you use the joystick Plug In? I don't use a joystick so i am not much help :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 02:29:18 PM »
Watswood- check out this thread- it mighht be of help...http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=677.0
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 06:00:13 PM »
Eugene. Try this; after you are plug in the joystick transmitter into USB port Windows prompts you that a new device found in USB port and asks a software disk for this device. Don’t use original Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 CD, just let Windows to find appropriate program itself. The profiler conflicts with Mach 3 and lead to unstable work of Mach3 and Windows. I had this problem on two PC and other Mach3 users complained about this problem. If you already installed the profiler, reinstall it. Try to use drivers from different joysticks; I used Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick software it works well.
Good Luck
Vladimir
 ::) ::) ::)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 06:43:52 PM »
I finally got it to work.  It turns out that the receiver was locked up somehow(and unplugging and replugging from the usb port didn't unlock it).  I completely forgot that the little green led on the front of the receiver is also a reset(or something like that) button.  If the led flashes consistently, even after pressing rumblepad buttons, you are most likely locked up.  I also found that,(and this may be specific to my computer), the rumblepad doesn't like keygrabber(though it sort of works, it's inconsistant), but likes it's own Logitech profiler(the black W), and likes to have Mach started from within the profiler.

Once working, it's very nice not to have a cord, and it works excellent.
Now it's time for me to figure out what to assign the buttons to other than the standard axis movement.
Thanks for all your input.
Eugene