Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:01:00 PM

Author Topic: I could use a GCode file for Lathe  (Read 9869 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: I could use a GCode file for Lathe
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 07:55:37 PM »
jimpinder,
Sounds like your lset and macros would be handy to use. Can you post them?

RICH

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 05:45:28 AM »
Rich -

Here is a taste of some I have put together in a single file. You will have to split them up and number then seperately m200 upwards, or something like that. Most of them designed to run metric or imperial, (despite what Hood says). There is no "preamble" to them so it is assumed that the user fill in G20 or G21, M3 in some cases, and anything else. They will run in either Gcode programs or stand alone MDI calls.

The are based on X0 being the centreline, and Z0 being the end of the workpiece.

The GetUserDRO codes are shown at the side of the labels for convenience.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:51:40 AM by jimpinder »
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 07:01:01 AM »
Rich - (despite what Hood says).

??????? what do I say?

Hood

DaveDoesIT

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 12:53:12 PM »
Here is a taste of some I have put together in a single file. You will have to split them up and number then seperately m200 upwards

Hi Jim,

How do I use these? I looked at the /m1s file in notepad and it is empty. I looked at the .lset file in Notepad and it is full of control characters.

I loaded Turn but can't find an option to look at those file extensions.

Out of my depth, Dave :)

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »
Hood - These run in Metric or Imperial (I hope) :D :D :D

Dave  - I'm sorry. For some reason the multi macro file is empty/ I have posted it again.

The lset file should be put in your Mach3 folder. You will probably see other set and lset files in there as well. Open Mach 3Turn and select View / Load screens from the top menu. This will open the Mach Folder and list - probably only the .set files. If you click "Files of type" you will see Turn Files .lset.  Click this and 1024.lset (your current set) and my Macro.lset should be shown. Select that and your screen display will change (not drastically) and on the Auto Page you will see I have juggled the Dro's around and added the User DRO set.
These User DRO's are persistant, and will remain even after switch off. So when you use them, ensure that only relevant information is in each one. If not required, enter a zero.

The Multi Macro file should be opened when you are in Mach3 (It should also open with Notepad - but in Mach 3 key words are different colours, which makes it easier to read)
If you open Operator/VBScript Editor you get a window. Go to File/Open and then select MultiMacro from whereever you downloaded it to.
I have just put three Macro's in this file - each one has a preamble of Rem remarks. If you either cut and paste, or better still just copy the three parts into seperate files, into the Macro folder in Mach3, each file should be M200 or similar number starting at 200 (with M prefix).
The macros have no preamble on them - they start work immediately, so you must start the spindle, coolant, etc G20 or G21 for yourself. They can either be used as stand alone macros, on the MDI line, or incorporated in GCode programs.
As I said in an earlier post, they are written with X0 on the centreline and Z0 at the end of the workpiece.

I would suggest you test them first (possibly without a cutting tool in, or without the barstock in), just to make sure they actually do what you think they will do. I offer no guarantee that they will work - they do for me (or did last time I used them - a few days ago),
and I am hoping that any last minute tweaking I did is correct - but have a go.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:50 PM »
Ah ok Jim, got you, you are referring to my joke in another thread about only the Americans and Jim Pinder using Inch LOL
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:58:56 PM »
Hi, Dave

Looks like the "multimacro.m1s" didn't make it, To load the "Lathe-Macro.lset" file, Click on View, Select, File-Type "Turn Files(Lset)", Find the

"Lathe-Macro.lset", (This file Needs/Should be in the, C:\Mach3 folder).

Get your feet on the ground first with basic lathe G-code.

Thanks, Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »
Thanks for the post Jimpinder and what to do with the files.  Will try them out in the near future.

How are things going Dave?

RICH

DaveDoesIT

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »
Thanks Jim, Chip and others.

I am working on it.

Dave

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 01:09:55 AM »
Oh - was that a joke - you dour Scot!! ;D ;D ;D