Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:15:17 PM

Author Topic: Problem with pulse width  (Read 3034 times)

Problem with pulse width
« on: July 11, 2008, 01:51:52 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to convert a Chinese router that has its own custom controller to Mach3.
I have already succeeded in driving the stepper motors with Mach3, but when moving at feed rates higher than 5000mm/min they sometimes lose steps.
I have compared the signals from Mach3 and those from the original controller with an oscilloscope and they seem to be equal in level and frequency, but the original controller has a pulse width of 50us that I can not find a way to configure with Mach3.
I have tried different settings, including the Sherline mode, but the pulse width is never higher than 20us.

How can I do to set a pulse width of about 50us?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Pablo

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with pulse width
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:37:21 PM »
Hi, Pablo

I think the sherline 1\2 step mode is the widest pules width Mach has.

Some stepper controls are sensitive to leading and trailing Edge Pulses (Dir, Step pulses, X'ed or Checked).

Try them both ways, Ether "All" Checked or X, "Your Axis Directions will Reverse", So be Care-Full (Test center of Table).

Direction change should be set in Home & Limits page (Reversed Coll-um).

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with pulse width
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:48:08 AM »
I must assume that the original chinese drivers would go faster than 5000mm/min or you wouldn't be asking.

Try turning the kernel speed up (Config/Ports and Pins - first page, bottom left)
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.