Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:55:34 AM

Author Topic: Big Config Problems  (Read 2493 times)

Big Config Problems
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »
I am experiencing some funky problems here. I have Mach 3, the lock down version 2.63n not a demo. I have configured the motors and the accuracy using the utility in Mach 3. All my pins and ports are OK, All my axis move in the right direction, smooth and quietly. So I use V Carve Pro 4.6 to generate the G code for the part I want to make, load it and this is where it takes an ugly turn. The machine goes to the zero position I've set but the Z axis moves down to just above the part surface and cuts air. Then it stops about a dozen or so line down the script. The display shows only a portion of the part to be cut. Now sometimes it gives an error like compile error syntax in script, N60 S36000 M03. I don't read code so. And sometimes in my tests, it will, the Z axis I mean, go into the table, ramp up and out ,and cut air about .50 above the material. I used  postproccesors called Mach3ATC(inch)txt. and Mach3ARC(inch)text. The guys at the V Carve forums say the code looks and runs fine so it must be a Mach 3 config boggle. Got ant ideas really NEED HELP BAD HERE!!!!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Big Config Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »
Aer you running the default Mach screen? If not, post your set, xml, any custom macros, ect. and I'll have a look.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!