Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:14:26 AM

Author Topic: Help with a few commands  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Help with a few commands
« on: July 04, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »
I looked over the LazyCam video tutorial but as best I can tell, I think it didn't cover a few items.
If you watch the video closely I think the video shows the toolpath display being rotate in 3 dimensions so you can see heights as well. How is that accomplished? SOmeone else posted how to do the pan and zoom. It wasn't covered either.
I created a file with several holes to be drilled. I have set all the parameters for a drill but if I look at the generated G-code using NCplot and the toolpath betwen the holes does not have any Z-axis lift. How do I get it to lift the drill betwen holes?n The lift is present betwen milling porcedures ok.
Which leads me to the quetion what are the button functions "drill Sel circles" and "Drill Rad circles" supposed to do. I think I selected all the points (circles in dxf) where I needed holes drilled and pressed the "drill sel circles" button for them. It seemed to convert them to points which makes sense (I guess).
I think there are a few other un-explained buttons like "leads off", "Rem points" maybe someone can explain.

Thanks

Sage
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:44:55 PM by Sage »
Re: Help with a few commands
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »
Hello Sage,
I wish I could answer ALL of your questions, I am curious as well.
But... to pan in a 3d view, hold down the scroll wheel on the mouse and slide the mouse around.
Wish I could help more,
RC

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »
Rc answered the 3D question and I think I can answer a few more for you.

The pan function is accomplished by holding down the "CTRL" key and moving the mouse. 

The zoom function is accomplished by holding down the "SHIFT" key and moving the mouse.

There's also a function that you can see the toolpath run but there's no speed control for it unfortunatley. Just push the "S" key and rotate the drawing and watch that little cutter (tornado? lol!!) run!

As for NCplot, I don't know anything about that so I can't really help there, sorry-

Drill select circles is for when you import a dxf and there are holes to be drilled and you'd rather not interpolate them with an endmill, you can click on the hole that you'd like to drill and then push the drill select holes button and it will turn it into a point and then drill it for you at the depth you choose.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:59:31 PM »
As mentioned in my first post. I believe I tried the "drill select circles" command but I did not see any drill lift on the screen  between holes. Just a blue line going between the holes. Not like the milling where there is definite lift shown on the screen before the move. Maybe someone can clarify for me.

Thanks

Sage

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:30:20 PM »
Sage,

I did a screenshot for you of 6 drill points set at .030 above surface and to drill at .100" .

Does your screen look like this?

Dave->    ;)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
Actually it does. After figuring out the 3D panning I can now see the tool lift and movements for the holes. They are there.
The "S" command is interesting though. I can't see it simulating doing the holes. It could be that it's too fast to see. Some more info might be required on that. Also I don't see it simulating the multiple passes I think I have it set for.

SO, the "drill sel circles" is explained. Now what is "drill rad circles" feature.

Thanks. This is great.

PS> how did you insert the image in your post.

Sage

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 07:30:06 PM »
1-I can't see it simulating doing the holes. It could be that it's too fast to see. Some more info might be required on that.

2-SO, the "drill sel circles" is explained. Now what is "drill rad circles" feature.

3-PS> how did you insert the image in your post.

1- Yes, I think the "cutter" is just a general visionary thing, I don't think it's supposed to be too specific.

2-  Have no idea at this point, hopefully someone will be along to explain it to both of us.

3- You can insert an image when replying. When replying, take notice to the  "'Additional Options...'' link. You can add an attachment when you click it as it gives a few other options as well. If you get an error when trying to upload, it's either too big or someone else has used a file in this forum with that name so you'll have to rename it.

Dave->    ;)