Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:33:08 PM

Author Topic: New Installation Problem  (Read 3656 times)

New Installation Problem
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:03:12 PM »
My existing installation concists of: Sherline Mill using 1.8Deg per step motors driven from a XYLOTEX board operating in 1/8th step mode resulting in 32,000 steps per inch. CNCpro is the operating program on an old win 98 machine in DOS mode.

Have a Pentium 4, 2.53 Mhz Win XP Pro machine with Mach3 installed. Have only changed the Parallel port cable from the DOS machine to the Pentium.

Have set up the step/direction signals to Pins 2,3  4,5  and 6,7 for the x,y,z axis. and have followed the tutorial video.

The Pentium machine shows LPT-1 address as both 0378-037F and 0778--077F with no option for selecting either with
"Automatic Settings" checked. It is a Re-Furb machine with a Microsoft printer driver installed and no printer.

Problem is - I am unable to make the motors run.

What do you recon is the problem or my overxsight?

Thanks,

Don Carlson

Re: New Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 12:19:58 AM »
Try to use the SherLine mode on the ports and pins page and if it is still not working post your xml and I will see if I can fine the problem.
Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: New Installation Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »
Brian: Problem was E stop not set correctly. As I do not have any stops inatalled I ignored that section. ( should have listened to the fine print!!)
With the exixting 1/8 th step driver board I had to set the step per inch to 32,000 to get correct calibration.
All works fine now.
The 1/2 step sherline does not seem to have any effect.
thanks, Don