Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:46 AM

Author Topic: Output Control in Mach3  (Read 11488 times)

Output Control in Mach3
« on: May 25, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »
I have obviously missed something in the documentation and in in the video help.  I need to be able to turn on output #1 (pin-1) using M code but cannot figure out how it is done.  I have the configuration set up correctly, and can fire the output manually through the configuration menu.  I have a VB script that is M100 [ActivateSignal(output1)] and M101 [DeActivateSignal(output1)] saved in the correct folder but these do not work.  Any clues?  Thanks.
Re: Output Control in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 08:24:59 PM »
Can you get the output to turn on and off in the VB editor? If so I think you are saving the macro in the wrong place. Save the Macro in the Mach3/Macros/Mach3mill (Or what ever the profile name is...)

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 10:10:21 PM »
Nope!  Brought up the "VB Scripter Window"; Entered "ActivateSignal(output1)"; ran it and nothing happens.  I'm lost!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »
Try this :)
ActivateSignal(Output1)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 10:33:50 PM »
Still no good.  I entered it letter for letter and case for case.  Frustrating!!  There is a descripency between the manual and my screen.  In the manual section 10.9.1 a reference to macros is given that states under the operator menu there should be a Macros switch.  On my screen, under Operator the following are listed: Control Offline; Fixtures...; ToolTable...; Maintenance Hours; VB Script Editor,  that's it.  The Macros switch is not listed and therefore the Help section which might give me the syntax clues is not available.  I am running Mach3 D1.90.038 if this helps.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 12:08:41 AM »
Update:  I have experimented with the code and found when I change the syntax thus --- ActivateSignal Output1 ---- in the VB Script editor, it works when run from there!  When this code is saved as M100.m1s (I put it in ALL the directories) though it still does not work by typing M100 in the MDI input screen.  But, typing M4 in does turn output1 on.  Typing M5 turns it off.  I'm still ttrying to figure this out.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 06:40:31 AM »
Sounds like you are allready using output 1 for the spindle reverse relay. Check your spindle config.

Darek
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 08:44:52 AM »
Hi,

I have similar issue !! And I think the problem is the name, M100.m1s !!
I think maybe it's reserved !!!

Simply just don't use the name, M100.m1s, then everything works fine !!!
But I did not find any document mention that ...

Regards,
KC
Die hard vi lover ;-)