Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:48:46 PM

Author Topic: Testing Mach3 with difficulties  (Read 7546 times)

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
Testing Mach3 with difficulties
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:25:25 PM »
As per the tutorial suggesting using the Roadrunner.tap for testing purposes.  That worked fine.  Closed out that file & selected a different g-code file from the Mach3/G-Code folder. That worked fine. Tested another one. That's when the problems arouse.  I loaded the Roadrunner file back up but when I Run the program all I got was something totally diiferent. I am assuming it was one of the last programs I ran.  The g-code & the roadrunner toolpaths were on the screen but that is not what I was air-cutting.  I had to re-boot the computor to get the Roadrunner program to work properly.
Am I not closing out the previous program properly or is there something wrong with my system ?
I also noticed that from the Toolpaths screen I was not able to run/start the programs from my pendent control, I had to switch back to the main screen.
Also, while the program is running the green line on the toolpath does not follow/correspond with the original drawing lines.  What is normal here ?
Thanks.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Testing Mach3 with difficulties
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 02:55:49 AM »
It sounds to me as if you loaded a turning file,  this would change some of your defaults.  Then a re boot would have put them back.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 08:19:26 AM »
Redraw the tool path and I think it will be okay...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 08:26:58 PM »
Thanks, but I redrew the toolpath many times, no change.
I will watch closer next time I am messing around with multiple files.
Maybe I just pushed too many buttons.

Any comments on the following:
I also noticed that from the Toolpaths screen (not yet registered to full versiom)I was not able to run/start the programs from my pendent control, I had to switch back to the main screen.
Also, while the program is running the green line on the toolpath does not follow/correspond with the original drawing lines.  What is normal here ?
Thanks.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 08:48:56 PM »
If you would like to run from the toolpath screen you could add the Buttons to the screens. This is done in screen4 and we can help you with this.

The Green can draw off the toolpath if you are moved the Zero position and did not redraw the toolpath...

Hope that helps
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 05:16:48 PM »
Thanks.
I realilzed that I had to re-draw toolpaths on each screen that I was moving back & forth from. Then everything worked.
As for not being able to Run/Start the test programs from the toolpath screen (using on screen buttons or my pendent control) was probably due to some corruption that had happened early.
Thanks for guiding me the right direction.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 08:18:36 PM »
No problem! we are here to help :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 02:50:54 AM »
I dont know where to put this but this looks as good as anywhere....

I just tried running Ver.1.90 and it wouldnt run some tested and verified g-code.  It goes to the second line and hangs up.  Is Ver. 1.90 reccomended?  1.84 is fine, I was just curious about Lazycam, and wanted to check it out.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 07:11:56 AM »
That is odd... could you post the Gcode file and I will see what the trouble is :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 06:53:50 PM »
I tried several, nothing special, but heres one....