Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:47:13 PM

Author Topic: Loosing steps, PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4284 times)

Loosing steps, PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:09:12 AM »
Hi, just would like to share with others members about what I found to be working great for me and my many lost steps.
Fist of all, sorry if I make some mistakes when typing, English is not my primary language.

Second, I'm a Solidworks user for cad program and SolidCam for my cam program. When using HMS (high speed machining), this generate a lot of lines of G code, sometime, more than 20 000 lines.

At the end of the machining process, very often, I ended up with 1/8 of an inch of error on each axis, tried everything , upgraded to Mach3 3.04, no screen saver, no toolpath, dedicated computer for mach3 only, no backlash, etc.

My steppers motors run great at 70ipm.  I made some test, unchecked the auto zero on homing menu and made many homing and each time, there was a cumulative error of about 0.0005.

On the motor tuning menu, the step pulse and dir pulse was at 5us and did not knew it could be higher than that so tried to set both at 15us, that worked great, motor run smoother, ran the same 21 000 lines program again without loosing a single step. Homing was done at 0.000 on each axis.

Hope this could help some that have the same problem that I had.

Re: Loosing steps, PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »
It very well may......Thanks for posting your solution Ostie !
Good Work,
RC