Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:00:58 PM

Author Topic: Backlash  (Read 3991 times)

Backlash
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:40:37 AM »
Hi guys, i have a problem with backlash.
When i put the backlash on and i move for expample 1 mm, it moves to 1mm and then it does the backlash to correct.
As you know the backlash must be done BEFORE the 1mm movement.
Where can i configurate this function?

Thanks

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Backlash
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »
It doesn't matter - does it

Backlash is that number of pulses the computer puts out, where the axis does not move. As long as the computer calculates the number of pulses correctly, including that required by backlash, then it will arrive at the right point. If you are saying that the computer moves your axis back by 1 mm before adding the backlash - how can it ??? The computer puts out the pulses, and the axis does not move until the basklash is taken up, the gears are bedded in and got their shoulders to the table ready to shove the other way.

Mach 3 deals with backlash in a funny way, and it is a little bit disconcerting. The axis appears to move, the backlash then is applied (usually at a different frequency so you hear it) then the movement continues - three distinct sounds. You can adjust the speed of your backlash if you wish (on the backlash page).

Are you saying by this that your backlash is incorrect becaue in my experience, although the way backlash is applied is a bit odd, it is still accurate.

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
Try setting your shuttle accel on the general config page, top center to .05 and in backlash config, set the speed to 200%. Seems to work for most but you may have to play with those numbers a bit to get it acting just right for ya.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 02:09:55 PM »
But if you have CV on you can't turn on backlash stuff????????

Thanks,
Nick