Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:10:29 PM

Author Topic: TurboCad DXF & LCam gcode  (Read 5671 times)

TurboCad DXF & LCam gcode
« on: June 23, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »
I used Turbocad v12 to draw a simple irregular 4-sided polygon with two 1/4" holes and created a dxf.  LCam generates almost 250 tiny line segments for the first circle rather than a circle instruction and halts at step 250.  The polygon sides and the second hole are not in the gcode.  What am I doing wrong?  Does TurboCad have a conflict with LCam?  KCam4 generated gcode runs great on Mach3.  Mach3 runs my machine three times faster & smoother than KCam4!

Robert

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: TurboCad DXF & LCam gcode
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »
Robert, are you running the Demo version of Mach?

brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 12:53:36 AM »
Yes, I am running the demo version. Is the demo version limited by other things than the 250 line limit of gcode?  Usually DXF files with arcs or circles convert to have the I & J commands in gcode.  I tried another drawing with three sides and an arc and LCam gave me G2 gcode with I & J codes for the arc.  I am going to put the 1/4" dia circles into it and see what happens.  I tried with points instead of circles knowing that my cutting tool was 1/4", and I would get the right size hole, but the points were ignored by LCam.  Also, LCam gave me four chains: one with nothing in it, one with two corner touching lines in it, one with one line and one with the arc. In addition there was a rapid, backtracking the single line, which seemed to serve no purpose.

Robert

Offline lokey

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 08:22:26 PM »
Hi, I am using TruboCad , LazyCam, Mach3, and a Zenbot. I was able to solve a lot of my problems by drawing in model space, setting a origin, and saving as .dxf file using TurboCad.  I will say that sometime LazyCad does do some odd things that requires a restart. Best Regards.