Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:03:44 PM

Author Topic: Override limits button on settings page not workin'??  (Read 8130 times)

Re: Override limits button on settings page not workin'??
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 12:03:30 AM »
Anybody? Any idears??  Thanks!

Sid

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 12:55:46 AM »
I don't think you should have the limit override pin set to anything, make it 0. If i am interpreting the ports and pins correctly that is only used if you have an external push button to do the same thing as going to the diag screen and hitting it there.

I think that is used if you have tangible- real control panel.

please correct me if i am wrong.

chad
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 10:59:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply Chad!  Changing the pin to 0 didn't do it.  In fact, if the pin is set to anything other than 10 (which is my Estop Pin also) none of the Limit Oride LEDS will light up.  Thiis is so weird, it just won't work. 

My thought is that when you hit a limit switch it triggers a Estop.  This Estop can not be reset until you fix the problem that caused the estop in the first place (i.e. get off the limit switch).  I'm thinking that by clicking the limit overide button on the settings screen, it is basically fooling Mach into thinking that you are off the limit switch and in turn, allows you to click reset and move off the limit switch in reality. Right

Yep, Yep, Yep, got the concept, got the LEDS blinking, just can't get that infernal contraption to give me a darn reset.  I think I'm getting close to a "Gravity Test"

Regards,
Sid

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 01:09:39 AM »
OK, lets start from scratch.

First explain exactly what switches you have, what pins they connect to, and how you have them wired. And what you have set in the ports and pins. and we will try to figure out what is going on.

I just went through all of this on my mill and sorta-kinda have it figured out. It sounds like you are doing the same thing I am doing but there must be one of those "gotchas".

Chad
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 11:38:55 AM »
Chad Mon!  Thanks a bunch for your time, I appreciate it.

I have 3 Micro Switches with a roller/rocker arm connected at the limit point (home too but that's another thread) on each axis.  The limit switches are wired normally closed and the switches are daisy chained together (in other words they are wired using serial connection). 

These 3 switches connect together and arrive at the back of the driver cabinet as 1 wire/connector.  After connecting to the cabinet the wire passes through a E-Stop mushroom button(normally closed) .  Then it connects to the driver board. 

The driver board has only 1 connection for E-Stop so that's why limit & E-stop button are wired together (serially).  Pin = 10

I'm pretty sure my switches, E-Stop Button and wiring is OK.  When I hit a limit switch I get a LED on the DIags screen and an E-Stop request.  Same when I hit my E-Stop button.  So from that standpoint the limit/Estop part of things works, it's just getting a reset when the Estop is active.

Like I said in a previous post, when I hit a limit switch, the Limit Overide Green LED DOES light up on the Diags screen.  So Mach is seeing that Limit Switch Trigger the Limit Overide and hence, lighting up the LED.  It's just that pressing the Manual or Automatic Limit Overide button does not let me get a reset (or if it does reset, then it triggers another estop a microsecond later which of course defeats the whole purpose).

I'm kinda thinkin' bug.  I should would like to be proved wrong by someone who has actually been able to use this feature to jog off a limit switch.  Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Caveman Sid is moving Estopped axis by hand to get off the limits.   ;)

Thanks again Chad, lemme know if you (or anyone) have/has any other ideas.  It's not as showstopper it would just be nice to get some of the bells ringing and the whistles blowin'!