Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:11:44 AM

Author Topic: Override limits button on settings page not workin'??  (Read 8133 times)

Override limits button on settings page not workin'??
« on: May 23, 2006, 12:58:25 AM »
Anybody have an idea why I can't get that dog to light up?  Ver 1.84

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Regards,
Sid
Re: Override limits button on settings page not workin'??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 09:17:35 AM »
Do you have the limits turned on in the ports and pins page..
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:55:55 PM »
I didn't have that turned on.  I activated it and I got the LED to flash red when I'm not on the limit switch but when I AM on the limit switch, the LED won't turn on. 

Here's what I'm thinking... either I don't have the configuration set correctly (do you need to see the .xml) or I have wired my limit switches incorrectly.  My Limit switches run in a serial loop that pass through my E-stop button (normally closed).  Is this wrong?

Thanks & Regards,
Sid
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 01:00:42 PM »
Couldn't attach with my other Username so if ya need it ...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 03:20:57 PM »
Try changing the active low state for the limit. I don't have a mill to test with at this time :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 05:48:48 PM »
Hmmm, changing the active state now gets the LED to flash red while I am sitting on the limit switch and the message says E-stop Requested (because I hit the limit switch) and the reset button is flashing as well.  I'm thinking that with the Overide Limit button selected and the LED flashing red this SHOULD allow me to move off the limit switch-right?  Or am I wrong and in fact an E-stop is different than hitting a limit switch?

Thanks,
Sid

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 06:10:42 PM »
You are correct, if you enable the limit override and hit the estop reset button you should be able to drive off the limit switch,unless you have soft limits enabled also then you would have to enable the soft limit override also.

Chad
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 06:18:23 PM »
Hmmmmm.. this is a conundrum?   ???  Everything looks like it should be working that way but it's not.  I'm gonna sleep on it maybe that will help?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 08:18:19 AM »
Hi Sid:

The override led wont light up unless your on a switch. The AutoOverride will, but the override wont take effect unless a switch is active.

Check your diags screen to ensure the Limit LED's only light  up when pressed, they may be backwards..

Art
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 11:23:09 AM »
OK, based on the most excellent advice I have received thus far everything from a visual standpoint (i.e. check boxes, LEDS, etc) appears to be functioning AOK.  I just can't get a Reset by clciking the Reset button (it acts as if there is no manual overide limit selected so it won't reset eventhough the manual Ovrd limit LED is blinky blinky).

This leads me to ask the embarassing question... on the ports and pins config screen, which pin should I have the Limit Ovrd set to- the same as the E-Stop or the same as my Drive Enable or am I completely spaced out?

Thanks for the help dudes, I appreciate it!

Regards,
Sid