Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:28:24 AM

Author Topic: Anyone using Profili Pro?....have a loading prob.  (Read 5247 times)

Anyone using Profili Pro?....have a loading prob.
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »
I've just started using Profili Pro to make wing ribs. It's a great program but I can't seam to get the dxf files to load correctly into Mach3. The drawing looks correct in Lcam (licensed), but when I load it into Mach3 it looses a bunch of the outside chains. I think its an export setting that's causing me the trouble. Just wandered if any one else was using Profili with good results and what procedure they use. I even tried opening the dxf in cad and then exporting it again from there with the same results. Could be a layer issue...not sure.

Ryan

Offline da21

•  87 87
    • View Profile
    • M-Machine
Re: Anyone using Profili Pro?....have a loading prob.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:20:36 AM »
make sure it's all on one layer , it seems to be a layer problem , post your dxf and g code etc and i'll take a look , i have profili here so i can check it for you

Dave
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »
Thanks da21! When I get home I'll post both up for you to look at.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:19:13 PM by lowslo »
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:46:25 AM »
I've tried every way I can think of with no luck. I can get it to work on the five small ribs but the larger three are missing many lines and some are absent completely. Even tried opening it in cad and exporting it to a single layer but that doesn't change a thing for me. Hope we can get this figured out.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »
Hi, Ryan

Do you have a Mach3 Lic. also (500 line limit without), Your g-code looks fine hear.

Look under Help, About, In Mach to see if it Installed.

Chip
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »
Yes I have a licensed version but I checked as you described just for kicks and it was listed as a demo version. I had to reload my license file again and everything worked. For some reason I think I had to do this once before maybe it was with Lcam???? Ever heard of this?

It does work now though ;D

Thanks Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:52:04 PM »
Hi, Ryan

I've never had that happen, When updating Mach I just install it on top of the previous version most of the time.

Have you removed Mach with windows remove commands before installing new versions.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 06:58:13 AM »
Nope. I've only been using Mach and Lcam for a couple of months so I haven't even updated yet. I guess I'll go with it and see if it sticks.