Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:22:13 PM

Author Topic: Next version of Video Probing Plugin  (Read 24229 times)

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
Next version of Video Probing Plugin
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:13:27 AM »
When is the next version of Video Probing Plugin due out?

Is the source code available for expermentation?

Thanks!
Re: Next version of Video Probing Plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »
Yeah, what he said!

Release the code, make it an open source project  ;D
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »
for what it is worth, if anything, my last attempt at video probing was with a web camera and a laser. the web camera looked straight down at the work. the laser was mounted at a 45 degree angle. the beam from a cheap line laser was conditioned by passing between a razor gate set at .005 width. we were able to messure height differentials of .002 in a one inch depth using the 640 width of the camera.  backing the camera up so the field of vision was four inches deep gave in theory .007 inches per pixel.  in pr actace parallex error becomes a factor. we got around that by limiting the field of view to two inches and measuring several places using a known object to determine what the depth error was.  a look-up table was used to avoid massive and slow math computations. (this was programed in visual basic 5)  but as far as it went the program worked. No i can not send it to you, The progamer left town and we are not on good terms.

Back in the late 80's i was involved in a project for the worlds largest nylon manufacture using a ccd lens looking through a microsope that measured steel spinnerets to less than .0001 inch width with three pixel accuracy. you can get the accuracy you want, you just have to sometimes be a bit clever about it.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to make a plugin or a separate program that communicates with Mach3. I do plan to make this open source. I have requested help from the Mach SDK forum.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=10043.0

In particular, I would like to start with a DirectX sample like StillCap and figure out how, from within Stillcap, to tell Mach3 or a Mach3 plugin the equivalent of a G01 Gcode and how to determine when motion is complete. 

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 11:25:46 AM »
Hi Tom,

You can do ANYTHING that can be done in Mach VB Script (Cypress Enable) in a plugin by using the object model.  You need to use the script function 'Code(gcode string)' and the script function 'IsMoving()' (return a boolean).  If a function does not exist in the current implementation in the plugin tutorial it is pretty easy to add.

-James
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 01:49:48 AM »
Hi Tom,

You can do ANYTHING that can be done in Mach VB Script (Cypress Enable) in a plugin by using the object model.  You need to use the script function 'Code(gcode string)' and the script function 'IsMoving()' (return a boolean).  If a function does not exist in the current implementation in the plugin tutorial it is pretty easy to add.

-James

Hello James,

What I really would like to do is run a c++ application like StillCap or a VB application like VBVidCap (http://www.shrinkwrapvb.com/vbvidcap.htm) and just use Mach3 to move the axes.

How do I make a Mach function like Code() or IsMoving() global enough to call it from a separate program? Or call a global function in a Mach3 plugin which, in turn, calls a function in Mach3?

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »
Hi Tom,

Implementing a communication layer is just complicating things.  There is no virtue in having the code in a .EXE application.  In reality this is a pretty siignificant undertaking.  You need to start off simple and learn how things work and do stepwise development.

I'm happy to answer questions about what can be done, but there is no real simple way of packaging what you want to do.

-James
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:57:13 PM »
When is the next version of Video Probing Plugin due out?

Is the source code available for expermentation?

Thanks!

Hello Haik,

Here is a link to my 3d Video Probe plugin for Mach3, along with Open Source Code.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10959.msg74212.html#msg74212

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net