Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:46:52 PM

Author Topic: Newbee w/Unknown problem  (Read 3244 times)

Newbee w/Unknown problem
« on: May 21, 2006, 01:34:48 PM »
 ???
Here's my setup: Tri-power CNC with Mach III and BobCad/Cam software. I running BobCad version 20.7 and have completed my drawings and generated the G-Code. I then save that file and import to Mach III. I've checked the code and it exaclty the same as the code generated in BobCad. I spoke with Dan at Camtronics and corrected some setup errors do the configuration should be right in Mach III. When I run the G-code in simulation on the BobCad it does exactly what I want and how I want it, however when I dry run the program thru Mach III it doesn't run the program like run in BobCad. I recently downloaded the newer version .7 from my installed v20.6 and now with the problems noted above I can't even open BobCad at all. While I'm sure I can correct the activation by installing my old version of BobCad I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced this code problem. I've had BobCad support check the code and its good, so why doesn't Mach III run it like its written?????

Ben
Re: Newbee w/Unknown problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 01:42:11 PM »
Could you post an example program? I will take a look at the program and tell you why it will not run.

Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:25:05 AM »
Brian,

I know the problem is not in the g-code, because I had BobCad check it and it runs fine for them. I was reading last night and found under CNC Desk that the best config to use is absolute not incremental. Dan at Camtronics had me set the distance mode to absolute and the IJ mode to Incremental. Not sure what IJ Mode is. Need to do some more reading.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:50:34 PM »
If you post your XML and an example progam I can tell you what the problem is... The XML is in the Mach3 Directory and is called Mach3Mill.XML

Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com