Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:49:16 PM

Author Topic: g100 questions please help!!!!  (Read 11589 times)

maxamillionaire

Re: g100 questions please help!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 01:27:14 PM »
i go insane on safety this is why it takes me so long to make it!

as mine is a little project cnc its only got a small work area its just over A3 size but the whole machine is very low profile!

its a fully enclosed machine as it is in my room so kind of dont want debris all over the place so safety on it is ott

machine will estop if doors are open not only for safety but also for mess!

limits there will be 2 limits to every direction just incase one happens to fail ( dont know if everybody does that )

running two steppers for the ? axis ( longest direction ) to prevent flex and also to take strain off having just one motor

got my drylin T linear rail and carriage and there ace

im driving timing pulleys directly from the stepper as i dont want to sit there gearing it all

from the base of the machine to the bed is only 60mm and is all flush

full machine so far made out of aluminium profile

i will post some pics in a new topic when it looks more like a machine than a box lol

i still have some questions that baffle me but there not about the g-rex do i have to start a new topic or can i just ask you lol
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:28:55 PM by maxamillionaire »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »
Ask away, but if they cover different topics, should probably start a new thread. You'll get more keed back and knowledge doing it that way.  ;)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

maxamillionaire

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
its just a simple question but not specific to any other topic

i have a dremel 300

ive opened it up and inside is 1 bearing at the bottom

if i plug a negative/ ground wire to this permanently into my breakout board will it mess up any current on the drill?

basically i want to add a wire to my bearing to be a permanent negative so i can fix an auto tool zero to my machine so once the tool touched the plate thats the only time it will be fully connected

i hate electrics and dont want to do anything that can harm me the house or my machine :(

i thought id ask as your the admin you mite of heard of this before elsewhere

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 05:00:15 AM »
With regard to your Dremel connection - I think this is a risky venture as any possible fault within the Dremel itself could raise the electrical potential of the front bearing and shaft to an unacceptable level as far as the other electronics you are connecting it to are concerned. Connecting the bearing directly to earth potential may be OK but not to the negative of the BoB.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:03:35 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE