Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:02:27 AM

Author Topic: New forthcoming screen designer. ( Your input needed)  (Read 11022 times)

Re: New forthcoming screen designer. ( Your input needed)
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 01:12:53 PM »
Hi,
Very interesting, I am waiting for the new forthcoming screen designer
I will like an Undo option, grid points on the screen in order to facilitate alignments and priority level on bitmaps for show one over other.
Thanks,
German

ynneb

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 07:38:05 AM »
Here is an example of what I am thinking about when I say modular.
With the new screen designer you are taking away the users hassles of needing to build a new screen to suit thier machine, and giviing them a choice of pre built modules to choose from. They can insert the modules to suit thier needs, and then press "save setup as"
The modules can be moved to any point on the screen and can even overlap each other. By clicking on a module it comes to the front. This would greatly increase the amount of space usable on the screen.
The task bar at the right will have all the modules at hand, and the user just selects the modules or closes them down at will.
This would save lots of hassles for those who dont know how to program all the buttons etc. ( Like Me )
No matter if you had a 3,4,5 or 6 axis machine you could use the same screen and tailor it to your needs.

John, this idea supports what you are saying about making things less complicated.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 08:04:02 AM by ynneb »
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 08:27:52 AM »
Benny

What graphic package did you use for your mock-up? The visual effect is very good - nicer 3d effects than we have in current screens. Roughly how long would the graphics side of the design have taken you?

Best wishes

John Prentice
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 10:08:12 AM »
This is starting to be like MDSI! I like MDSI so it is a good thing :) I will have to have Art down to the shop so he can see what it is like...
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 10:24:27 AM »
Time for a lie down Brian  ;-)   - take care

John Prentice

ynneb

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 04:13:13 PM »
John, I use RealDraw Pro. If you look at the screen I have essentially made 10 items and just copied them over and over. Its very quick. That screen took 30 minutes to draw, but in small increments with lots of time thinking about what I should do.

Brian, what is MDSI, I would like to read about this ? I did a google but dont think the results are what you were refering to.

Oliver, to aleviate your fear, I was not thinking to get rid of the ability to build modules of your own, but essentially have a two level screen designer. One level that was preset modular, and a further level down where you could make and design your own modules.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 04:16:34 PM by ynneb »

Vmax

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 12:32:44 PM »
Would this be something similar to active x controls? I have used them in Labveiw and it makes a very nice package to control functions. TerryP

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 02:10:29 PM »
Something I would find very useful would be a multi line MDI screen.

Thanks

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 03:01:12 PM »
http://www.mdsi2.com

This is there page. There controle is all windows, so you can turn off sections, enlarge or eliminate sections of the screen.

Hope this helps a little.
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com