Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:13:11 PM

Author Topic: Homing all axis Help!!  (Read 7494 times)

Offline oskie

•  29 29
    • View Profile
Re: Homing all axis Help!!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 11:42:07 PM »
I also forgot to mention another problem duriing homing.  I have a gantry that is driven with two servo's one is slaved onto the other.  When I attempt to home the X axis the slave doesn't move, causing a nice twisting action on the gantry arm.  I have them slaved together as it moves fine, but not when homing.  Any help here would be appriciated.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 01:01:50 AM »
Hi, Oskie

In config, General Configuration, Is this box checked "Home Slave With Master".

You may need to change the config, Ports & Pins, "Inputs", Active Low State hear for your home/Limit SW's

Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 03:08:08 AM »
Yes cables are best to be shielded. Now when your switches get hit does Mach just stop? If you try and home again directly after that do you get an error in the ticker saying that switches already active?
  If yes to these then try going to Config then General config and set the Debounnce up to 2000, if it works then try dropping down step at a time until it stops working and then step up slightly again.
 Sounds to me like you are homing, the switch gets hit and Mach reverses but the signal from the switch is not great and it bounces, Mach sees the signal go off for a split second so thinks the homing is complete even though the switch has not really shut.
Hood

Offline oskie

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 11:19:33 PM »
I changed the breakout board to an optically isolated board  and guess what, my servos are now homing like a champ- Thanks for all the help

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 02:50:54 AM »
Hi, oskie

Good to hear you got it working.

Chip

Offline oskie

•  29 29
    • View Profile