Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:56 AM

Author Topic: Screw drive to belt  (Read 3565 times)

Screw drive to belt
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »
Hello,

Have been using Mach3 for over a year, great program!!  Anyway, to pick up the pace, I am converting my screw drives to belt.  My steppers are tuned to optimal performance never had a problem.  However, with the new belt drive, I move 6 inches versus 1 inch with the old  screw.

My question is,

How do I set Mach 3 so it displays (measures) 6 inches of movement instead of 1 in the axis travel (X Y Z display)?  When I run the auto calibrate it just sets the stepper to super slow.  What am I missing??

Thanks!
Re: Screw drive to belt
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 10:49:11 PM »
I would think you need to change the number of pulses for unit of movement( 1 inch) in motor tuning. If the distance of movement has changed by a factor of six exactly you should be able to simply devide the number of pulses listed currently by 6.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 11:31:28 PM »
Hi,

Do you mean in "Motor Tunning and Steup" - "Steps Per" ??

The "Auto Config" changed "Steps Per" from 3600 to 333 but that just resulted in the stepper rotating as slow as the traffic here in Chicago.  The stepper can rotate much faster.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »
Panaceabeachbum,

You were correct.  The autoconfig set the "Steps Per" to 333, it just didn't raise the "Velocity" which I did not notice.  Once I set it to 110 inches per minute everything matched up.  I now consider myself an official knucklle head.

Thanks for the help!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:27:01 AM »
  I now consider myself an official knucklle head.

Welcome to the club, I am the chairman :)
Hood