Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:17:06 PM

Author Topic: Help! Spindle OFF Intermittently Trip Limit Switch  (Read 3156 times)

Help! Spindle OFF Intermittently Trip Limit Switch
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
Hi All,

My converted Series I Bridgeport intermittently trip the limit switch.  It happens about 5% off the time.
I look at the diagnostic screen but did not see the LED change state.  So it must be something transient.

How would I troubleshoot and eliminate this problem.

Thanks!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Spindle OFF Intermittently Trip Limit Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:19:32 AM »
Hi, JonnyD

It may be some transient noise/spikes, Bouncy Switch or bad contact in a switch, Try setting the De-bounce Interval in, Config, General Configuration to 1000 to 2000, Mach's default is 0,

See if that helps, May need to use shielded cable to switches, It can be allot of things.

Chip

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Spindle OFF Intermittently Trip Limit Switch
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 03:03:36 AM »
Have you just the one limit switch or several. Can you trace which one it is.  Has this problem been with you all the time, or has it just started and is getting worse.

If you can trace the switch, and the problem has just started or is getting worse - then change it. Vibration is the death of these things, and there's plenty of that on a Bridgeport.

If the trouble has always been present, then I go along with Chip - make sure your wire is shielded and avoids any places where it is likely to pick up noise - e.g. to close to axis motor feeds etc.

You will not see the switch on the diagnostics page, since it doesn't persist. I have just thought that a small Brain or something would be ideal to put up a message e.g. "Switch 4" or something when these transients occur.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.