Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 06:24:46 AM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam jumps around from outside cuts to inside, then back to outside cuts?  (Read 3386 times)

I am new at this, but I have run CNC mills at work and usually you would machine inside cuts complete, then do all the outside cuts. I am trying to cut the teeth for a gear for a wooden gear clock. Lazy Cam when bring in a DXF from AutoCad is producing a G-code that will cut the profile of the teeth, Lazy Cam cuts the outside profile for about 3 or 4 teeth, then proceeds to the center through hole and cuts about 1/4 of the dia. then proceeds to cut profile of the teeth (But in another quadrant) for 3 or 4 teeth, returns back to another quadrant and so forth? It zigs back and forth. What's up with that? Need help to cut all interior cuts, then moves to exterior of gear and guts the exterior teeth last. Any suggestions?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Hi, Happy-Grizzly

Post your DXF, Use the REPLY button and Additional Options button.

On the left side of LCAM, Projects Tab you can move the Chains cut order around and move them to a different layer.

Did you Clean and Optimize on the right side first.

Chip
Chip,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try. I didn't even know to can reorder the order of opperations like that!
Thanks!
Happy-Grizzly!

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Mr. Grizzly (if that is indeed you're real name   ;)  )

Have a look at all the videos available here. While some are not up to date, they're still very helpful.

Especially the intro to lazycam.

http://www.machsupport.com/videos/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)