Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:06:52 PM

Author Topic: COMPLETE SUCCESS - HOBBYCNC, CNC4PC and MACH 3!  (Read 4037 times)

COMPLETE SUCCESS - HOBBYCNC, CNC4PC and MACH 3!
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »
Today's a GREAT day!  I'm building a new CNC router and everything's finally running!  I've got 2 HOBBYCNC 3-axis PRO boards hooked up through a CNC4PC "C1" board and all working with MACH 3.  The CNC4PC board's driving the PRO boards and serving as the input (home/limit/probe) connection.  One of the PRO boards is connected through its DB25 connector to the CNC4PC's DB25, driving X, Y, and Z 305 oz-in motors.  The second PRO board is connected through its DB25 connector to the CNC4PC board's terminals, driving a second X motor and the A motor.  I had to reverse the "default" step pins to take advantage of the CNC4PC's high speed opto-isolators but that was the only quirk in the whole setup.  The motors absolutely scream and are smooth as silk.  Had a little "mental block" about the MACH 3 "active low" selection for the step and direction pins but got some excellent guidance from Dave to use "active high" with the PRO boards.  The current reduction works as advertised and all the home/limit/probe inputs show up in MACH 3 like they should.  Now to fine-tune the home back-off settings and the soft limits............  For a guy who didn't know anything about CNC a year ago, the info, guidance and arrangement of all the elements (MACH 3, HOBBYCNC and CNC4PC) has been a revelation!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:13:31 AM by m1911bldr »

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETE SUCCESS - HOBBYCNC, CNC4PC and MACH 3!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS  m1911bldr!
  The day when it all finally comes together really is a day of accomplishment!

Cheers to you and keep up the great work! :)

Glenn
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!