Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:21:27 PM

Author Topic: Manual control of CNC router after Mach3 code is finished?  (Read 16301 times)

Manual control of CNC router after Mach3 code is finished?
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:15:58 PM »
Is it possible to get manual control of CNC router after running Mach3 code? I need to move the Z-Axis carriage up after the Mach3 code finished running so that I can remove the work, clean up the CNC router, and set up the CNC router for next Mach3 program.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Manual control of CNC router after Mach3 code is finished?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
Yes, if the code is NOT running you can jog the axis up out of the way, however always press the reset after its moved to position as you dont want anything such as pressing a key to start things moving when your hands are in the way.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »
I tried to use the external numeric keypad usually connected to notebook computers to control my CNC machine. It works if there's no code loaded into Mach3 software. I have to quit the software, run it again, and use the keypad before loading the code into Mach3 software. I put a cork bottle stopper on router bit when I'm setting up my machine or not using my machine. I got a bad cut while setting up my machine a few weeks ago.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:51:14 PM »
Try pressing  the Tab key and using the mouse to activate the on screen buttons.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Hello,
Why not just add the moves at the end of your program?

A simple
G00 Z5
G00 x10 y10 (or wherever you need to move the router bit to)

Add these moves just before the M30 at the end of your program

Another way, hit the TAB key on your keyboard, the virtual jog pendant will appear.

Hope that helps
Fernando
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:58:01 PM »
I'll try pressing the TAB key to call up the virtual jog pendant but will I be able to use the external numeric keypad after clicking on one of the buttons on the virtual jog pendant? I need to look at the bit closely as I lower the bit to the top surface of the wood board.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 03:03:38 AM »
You should be able to use the keypad all the time(except when code is running) sounds like it is getting disconnected for some reason when code loads. Try reinstalling the keypad and especially try to get drivers from the keypad makers as possibly its loading with generic windows drivers and they are maybe a bit flakey.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 04:28:18 PM »
I tried to use the keypad after calling up the virtual jog pendant and clicking on one of its buttons but nothing happened. I thought that the keypad doesn't require a device driver to work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »
Do the Laptops keys work?

Hood

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 06:38:57 PM »
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well!
jeffmorris make sure you are in the program run screen, otherwise your jog buttons will not work.
Some screens will not let you jog.
olf20
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 05:24:07 PM by olf20 »
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998