Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:22:45 PM

Author Topic: Cad Cam software  (Read 4248 times)

Cad Cam software
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »
Hey guy's
anyone have experince with 2dnc i have looked at the video it looks like a good program not very expensive any one use it how's it do.

Rg's
Dennis

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Cad Cam software
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:22:29 PM »
Have a link?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
Dave
On the top of the this site is a downlaod page there you will find the link D2NC on that webs site they give a demo and video of the software looks interesting and not very expensive.

Dennis

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:57:25 AM »
Thanks for that Dennis. I looked over the videos this morning and while it does seem fairly easy to pick up, I still think that even though LazyCam is a beta software, it has so many more options and variables at your disposal for modification of the final G-code including text. I do however LOVE the 1" grid and centerline features of the software and that's one of the things I've asked (and others have as well!) the developers of LCam to implement.

Have you use LCam? I'm interested to see a users comparison of this softare to LCam.

Thanks for sharing -  :)

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »
Dave
No i have not used L cam the difference that I see first off is that you can draw in the 2DNC program and then edit a DXF file I first purchased Mach3 to use on my lathe with L Cam but now it's lazy turn and it's not finished or working yet so i need a program i can use to draw my shapes in and then convert them to g-code i am not very good at G-code.

Dennis

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:37:18 AM »
heh, you an me both, GCode is something that I'm learning very (VERY!) slowly but with guys here and on the CNC Zone, little by little I pick more up along the way.

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »
in the same boat i have a little G-code experince but since these are my own machine's i can't afford to screw them up because then i would have to pay can't just say i sorry to the boss and i screwed up.

Dennis