Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:27:19 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Release questions and the usual CV question  (Read 25315 times)

Re: Mach3 Release questions and the usual CV question
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 01:51:14 PM »
Does the Z DRO reflect the ammount of drift ? Or does it stay at the programmed value ?
That is something I haven't noticed, I think I'll be running a test program this afternoon to check to see if the Z drift is visible on the DRO.

I took some pictures, first off are the shots showing the drive mechanisms. The first is the Y axis. The second is the Z axis. The third is the X axis and the 4th shows the driveshaft that runs underneath to move the other side of the gantry along the X axis.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »
These pictures show the G54 X0Y0Z0 I set
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 01:54:21 PM »
These pictures show the position achieved by hitting the home key on the keyboard.
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 01:56:02 PM »
And these pictures are as much of the settings as I thought might be needed to start the troubleshooting process. If you want to see any other screens, just let me know and I'll go take pics.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »
the rest of the pictures

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »
Hi, GTRacer

Would you post the DXF & G-code file for for this part.

There could be some posting errors in your G-code.

Nice Router !!

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 05:41:06 PM by Chip »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 07:54:34 PM »
GTRacer, Are you certain the bit isn't drifting in the collet? THis can be tough to catch sometimes. I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
The company we purchased MasterCAM X2 from directed us to talk to a router table company that knows Mach3 and our machines. I sent him all the pictures above plus some more of the guts of the controller box. He replied back with a few numbers to tweak in the motor tuning and the machine now cuts accurately on the X and Y axis. There's still some issues to work out though. Thanks for all your input so far.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 05:36:28 PM »
what are the issues still needing worked out?
Hood
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »
1) Because I'm cutting FibreLAM panels, I'm cutting with an oscillating Z depth to avoid burning the bit. MasterCAM can automatically add a linear oscillation, something that resembles /\/\, or a high speed curve like a Sine curve. Either way results in very abrupt movements because even though it's in CV mode and no longer rounds my corners, it's treating both the linear and the High Speed oscillations as Exact Stop on each line of code. How do I set Mach3 so that I get perfectly square corners and yet don't end up with Exact Stop style movements.

2) Unfortunately because I had to get a panel cut, once the nested series of parts didn't work I simply overworte that code with a single part at a time program, so the original code doesn't exist, but MasterCAM and the Mach 3 screen both showed the correct movement, but once the parts were being cut, the router ignored a Z move to out above the panel and so when it did a rapid to the next slot it ripped right through the parts and then went back to business as usual. In fact it cut the rest of the slots and then the outside edge of each panel without any further incident. What on earth would cause a machine to ignore a line of code clearly visible on the screen? I'll try to recreate that program in MasterCAM.

3) And yesterday after I made the changes to the auto zero in the homing limits, I discovered the hard way that the table would go right past the limit switches and hit the physical end of the track. But it was rather random, sometimes it would pick them up as normal and other times it would pass right by.

I did find out some interesting things from this router table company that is helping me over the phone. He knew that my stepper motors lose all torque past a certain rpm so I needed to keep my feed speeds down to compensate. He knew what values should be in the step pulse and direction pulse in the motor tuning. I have to give him all the details on my table's movement gears and tracks and the Z screwgear and he's going to calculate exact steps per pulse for me.

EDIT: I can't remember the size of the piece of material I had that gave me the nesting layout that cause the issue, but here's the NC code for a single part. the table clearly ignored a move exactly as line N300, then it ran line N310, which ripped through the part, then it may or may not have ignored the Z.1 move before continuing merrily on its way cutting all the other slots and edges.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:14:25 AM by GTRacer »