Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:20:33 AM

Author Topic: MPG mode - how to set???  (Read 12845 times)

MPG mode - how to set???
« on: May 19, 2006, 12:04:26 AM »
OK I need help.  I just added a second parallel port so I could add my MPG and get better performance than with keygrabber.  I think I have it all connected correctly but cannot figure out for the life of me how to get Mach2/3 into MPG mode.  When I toggle the jog modes I can only get incr and continous.  Can someone explain to me what bone-head mistake I'm making here?

Thanks!

+brian

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: MPG mode - how to set???
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:37:24 AM »
The Tab key takes the lathe system into the jog flyout screen, I think it's the same for the mill...?
    Dave.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 02:36:15 PM »
Hmmm, yes, I was able to get to this pop out screen but I still cannot get the MPG mode to work.

Here is what happens: I can jog using the arrow keys but when I try to toggle to MPG mode (cntrl-J or pressing the onscreen button) only the INCR and CONT.  leds toggle.  I assume I should be seeing the MPG led turn on.

Also if I try to toggle the MPG axis nothing happens there either.  I did check that the MPG is sending signals by mapping the inputs to some dummy inputs and observing the leds toggle on the diagnostic screen.  So I know the signals are getting to Mach2.

Is there some setting somewhere that I need to set to enable MPG mode?    ???

Thanks.

+brian

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 04:52:46 PM »
OK, I just tried Mach3 and was able to get it all working.  Still have no idea if how to get the MPG to work in Mach2.  Ah well,  suppose it's time I get serious about using Mach3.

+brian

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 11:51:39 PM »
Brian
I think you are MUCH better off to be running Mach 3 at this point :)  There are many things in Mach3 that BLOW Mach 2 out of the water ;)

If you have any trouble I am here to help!
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »
Hi Brian,

Ya, it's time.  I'll be sure to download the latest version of Mach3 and use that from now on.

Thanks!

+brian

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 01:07:03 AM »
Hey, Brian,
I have the exact same problem in Mach3
here is what happens:
Here is what happens: I can jog using the arrow keys but when I try to toggle to MPG mode (cntrl-J or pressing the onscreen button) only the INCR and CONT.  leds toggle.  I assume I should be seeing the MPG led turn on.

Also if I try to toggle the MPG axis nothing happens there either.  I did check that the MPG is sending signals by mapping the inputs to some dummy inputs and observing the leds toggle on the diagnostic screen.  So I know the signals are getting to Mach2.

Is there some setting somewhere that I need to set to enable MPG mode?

see also my other posting for more information: http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=28531.0
Thanks